Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Problem with thomson tg782t modem router

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Apr-2010, 04:31 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Problem with thomson tg782t modem router
Hey guys,

ok so i recently upgraded our modem because the old one was crapping out all the time, it was just old. So we got a new one through telstra, the thomson tg782t and it worked fine. We had 3 laptops, 2 iphones, and an ipod touch all being able to connect, although in the last week or so.. nothing can connect wirelessly? we thought it might just be a faulty or defective modem, since it was only 2 months old it was still under warrenty.so we got it replaced through telstra once again free of charge, the new one came and we had the same problem. Can anyone think of what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advanced,
Jordan Fuchs
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

30-Apr-2010, 08:53 AM #2
Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Computer Specs

01-May-2010, 01:43 AM #3
here you go, my network is the BigPond95E8B7 one.
Attached Thumbnails
Solved: Problem with thomson tg782t modem router-xirrus-wifi.png  
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,446 posts.

01-May-2010, 09:49 AM #4
Can you connect with the router's encryption off? If so, try WPA2-PSK TKIP (instead of AES). I'm not suggesting that AES shouldn't work, just trying to collect data.
Computer Specs

01-May-2010, 07:50 PM #5
naah. i cant connect with encryption off, when i turn the encryption off, the little wireless light on the the router actually turns red. im completely stumped, any suggestions you might have ?
Computer Specs

01-May-2010, 08:02 PM #6
Try channel 11. (Maybe there is an undetected network or a 2.4 GHz cordless phone.)

Quote:
when i turn the encryption off, the little wireless light on the the router actually turns red
And the meaning of the red LED is that the wireless is unsecured or something else?
Computer Specs

02-May-2010, 09:03 AM #7
i think i just fixed it. i changed the channel to 11 and my mum and my laptops both conected instantly, im actually posting this through the wifi. Thanks heaps for all your help guys. ill give it a few days before saying its solved, but fingers crossed. Thanks !
Computer Specs

02-May-2010, 09:39 AM #8
Re-enable the encryption.
Computer Specs

03-May-2010, 02:13 AM #9
thankyou everyone for your help, problem solved, much appreciated.
Computer Specs

03-May-2010, 09:23 AM #10
You're welcome. Glad we could help.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
thomson tg78t2

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!