Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Huge problem with Alfa AWUS036NH

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Jun-2010, 11:12 AM #1
Huge problem with Alfa AWUS036NH
Hello,

My friend bought Alfa AWUS036H 2000 mW with 9 dbi areal to have a better reception with a wireless router in a big house. I myself have used Alfa AWUS036H 500 mW with 9 dbi areal and it worked perfectly. However, the new AWUS036NH underperforms terribly. If my old AWUS036H shows 80-100% signal strength/quality, new AWUS036H has barely 20-30%! I tried everything: 2 different computers, updating drivers, changing USB cables, changing areals. We even bought a second AWUS036NH thinking that the first one might be defected. It's still the same... Has anyone any idea what is wrong? OS is Windows 7.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

13-Jun-2010, 02:08 PM #2
Well, maybe that is simply a poorly designed product.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Jul-2010, 10:15 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caballero View Post
Hello,

My friend bought Alfa AWUS036H 2000 mW with 9 dbi areal to have a better reception with a wireless router in a big house. I myself have used Alfa AWUS036H 500 mW with 9 dbi areal and it worked perfectly. However, the new AWUS036NH underperforms terribly. If my old AWUS036H shows 80-100% signal strength/quality, new AWUS036H has barely 20-30%! I tried everything: 2 different computers, updating drivers, changing USB cables, changing areals. We even bought a second AWUS036NH thinking that the first one might be defected. It's still the same... Has anyone any idea what is wrong? OS is Windows 7.
I have the same problem!!! Did you fix it up?

I have an Alfa Networks USB wifi card model AWUS036NH using a Ralink RT3070 chipset inside.

Iīve tried to install my card using the included CD in Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits. Iīve also tried downloading drivers from Alfa web page and Ralink webpage for my usb card.

All is installed but the card is disabled in Windows "lan conections". When I click on ENABLE it, it continues disabled. If I click on DIAGNOSE it sais that thereīs a problem with the driver that is incompatible.

I donīt know what else to do because Iīve also change my usb cable but the problem continues. I installed in a Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bits and the same problem with my card.

Thereīs a thing I consider: the blue light in the usb card is blinking or is active, I think that means that the card is working but I canīt use it.

Please help me to resolve this.

Thanks

Matias
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
alfa awus036nh

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!