Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

the network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network config

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

16-Jul-2010, 02:17 PM #1
the network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network config
The network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters.

This is the error message I keep receiving whilst trying to connect a windows xp laptop onto a netgear router. Using Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG network connection.

I already have a macbook which connects fine as do my friends laptops when they come over. The laptop in question has worked before on this router with no issues, however, this is no more!!!

I think I might need to amend some setting to choose WPA but I can't figure out how to do it!!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Charliecharles7
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

16-Jul-2010, 03:00 PM #2
You have to pick WPA in the router, then remove the stored wireless network profile and search for the network.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!