Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Connectify Virtual WiFi no Internet Access

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2010, 04:36 PM #1
Exclamation Connectify Virtual WiFi no Internet Access
I've been trying to use connectify to use my laptop as a hotspot.
I have an ethernet connection that my laptop connects to and i want to connect my itouch to the internet via wifi.
I installed connectify and it worked just as it says it should, I can even connect my itouch.
But i never get the internet connection with the itouch.
I've checked and my Atheros wireless adapter is supported and everything seems like it should work, but for some reason it doesn't.

Please help. I have a hunch it's maybe a small little thing that's blocking the internet (possibly a windows sharing setting?).
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,379 posts.

17-Aug-2010, 05:39 PM #2
Could be a firewall. I believe that ZoneAlarm, for example, needs to be configured to allow internet sharing through the computer.
Computer Specs

17-Aug-2010, 07:34 PM #3
hmm...possibly...
I have AVG (free version), but it doesn't have a firewall
The only firewall I have is Windows Firewall...are there some settings I should change there?
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,379 posts.

17-Aug-2010, 08:06 PM #4
Maybe there is something you need to configure in the Windows firewall, but I have no idea what. The Connectify instructions have no mention of firewalls?
Computer Specs

17-Aug-2010, 09:05 PM #5
Well, the connectify website has some documentation on antivitirus programs blocking the internet, but nothing about Windows Firewall.
Their documentation [http://www.connectify.me/docs/index.html] only has troubleshooting if antivirus blocks it on the comp.
One thing I tried doing is disabling Windows Firewall entirely...it seemed that it helped a bit because now when i connect the itouch it also gets the DNS and all. But it still can't connect to the internet.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
connectify, wireless, wireless access point

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!