Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Can't find my Linksys password

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

23-Aug-2010, 03:48 PM #1
Can't find my Linksys password
Hi all!
I went out of town for several weeks and now my Iphone won't accept my home internet. I have the Linksys system and when I try to connect my iphone, it asks for the password and i can't find it. Can someone please help? Thank you all so much!
Junior Member with 1 posts.

23-Aug-2010, 03:53 PM #2
If I remember, you should be able to go to the homepage of the router (Usually: 192.168.1.1) and reset the password
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

23-Aug-2010, 04:25 PM #3
Correct, you can change the router's encryption key on the wireless configuration pages.

23-Aug-2010, 07:23 PM #4
I appreciate that, but you should know that you are dealing with someone who can barley keep their head above water when it comes to computers. If you could send exact steps, that would be fantastic!
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Pretty darn advanced
23-Aug-2010, 07:25 PM #5
Try opening your internet browser on your computer while you're connected to your network. Type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar. When it asks for a username and password, put "admin" for both of them, without the quotes.

Then, depending on your router, you'll probably click Wireless, and then Wireless Security, and change that to "Disabled" or change the key.

That should do it!

23-Aug-2010, 07:46 PM #6
Then how do I 'able' it again? Will it give me a new password so that I can log onto my iphone? Will it be secure? Will I cut the wrong wire and destroy the earth?....ok, got a little out of control there...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
iphone, linksys

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!