Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Port Forwarding on Huawei Echolife HG521

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Aug-2010, 06:50 AM #1
Port Forwarding on Huawei Echolife HG521
Hi all

I'm trying to set up port forwarding on my new TalkTalk router, and I've followed the steps on portforward.com for an HG520 (they don't have a guide for the HG521). I've got to the point where I'm adding a new entry, and I've entered all the IP addresses, but it also asks for "Remote host" and "Internal host" - what do I enter? I've attached a screen dump.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Port Forwarding on Huawei Echolife HG521-portforward.jpg  
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Aug-2010, 01:33 PM #2
Update: OK, I've figured out that internal host is my static IP and I've just left external host blank, but the PortForward PortChecker says the port still isn't open. Any ideas?
Junior Member with 1 posts.

30-Aug-2010, 04:49 AM #3
Hi,i had the same problem with a router that was brand new with o2 broadband, so the best thing to do is contact port forwarding.com and they'll request screen shots of the routers new interface where they can create a new guide. Hope this helps.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!