Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Kindle WiFi Problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Sep-2010, 02:44 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: Kindle WiFi Problem
I just purchased new WiFi only Kindle and been on phone with tech support for a LOOONG time. No help there. Here is the problem:
- I am able to find my WiFi Network and connect to it.
- I have strong signal.
- I am able to use the Experimental feature and connect to google and do a search. So - WiFi is working.
- I am not able to connect to Amazon so it appears that my device is not registered. Lots of features do not work.
- When talking to tech support they asked that I do a search on "date". The date January 10, 2010 is returned. This appears to be an internal date that was shipped with the device. They said that I am not getting the date from my WiFi connection. They said that a current date is required for Amazon to accept the packet for connection. The date on my laptop is cool.
- My router is a Linksys WPN160N model. Windows 7 - 64 bit laptop.

Is there anything I can do from my end? Are there any security parms I need to tweek?

I pretty much decided to send it back and buy the 3G model. I have a Kindle 1 and it works fine.
Trusted Advisor with 19,643 posts.

07-Sep-2010, 02:59 PM #2
Your Wi-Fi connection does not set the date on your device. If Amazon cannot fix the problem then send it back.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Sep-2010, 08:21 PM #3
Smile I found a solution.
Yep sending it back was an option. I tried one more thing. I went to an internet hotspot and was able to get it all set up. It works. It now works from home. If it works tomorrow, I will keep it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!