Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Notebook WiFi Connection help!

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

14-Oct-2010, 06:39 AM #1
Smile Notebook WiFi Connection help!
Hello all,

I am new to this forum but think it's an excellent idea and will contribute where I can. I ordered a "Tevtec Mini Notebook" from ebay for my daughter. It's made in Japan, was shipped from the US to my sister's address in the UK, and I am trying to get it to work on a "Livebox" in France where I live!

It is supplied with Windows 6 software, usually used on mobiles. I think it is the networking settings I need to set correctly. It can see the live box, but when I click on "Connect" it goes through the following four stages:

Signal Strength: No Signal

I click on connect then:

Status: Associating with Livebox BFDA/Failed to connect to Livebox BFDA
Signal Strength :Excellent

Signal Strength: Excellent

Signal Strength: No Signal

I have an opportunity to configure the following settings:

Encryption:

WEP
Disabled

Authentication:

Open
WPA
WPA2
WPA2-PSK
WPA-PSK

IEEE 802.1x Authentication:

Enable 802.1x authentication on this network (Tick Box)

and if I check the box, there is a choice of:

EAP Type:

EAP or
TLS

I bought this for my daughter and gave it to her last night but she is mighty disappointed that I can't get her onto her onto the net, so anyone that can help would be making a little girl very happy!

Many thanks in advance

Wallplug
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

14-Oct-2010, 07:16 AM #2
Well, first off, remove 802.1x authentication! Unless you're connecting to a corporate wireless network with a RADIUS server, you'll never get that working.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

14-Oct-2010, 10:14 AM #3
Thankx
Thanks for that,

I will give it a try and let you know what happens.

All the best
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!