Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Conduit interfering - how remove

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

04-Nov-2010, 10:08 AM #1
Angry Conduit interfering - how remove
I installed or requested to try CONDUIT at Constant Contact about one week ago. Also, 4 SHARE became included. This replaced my HOME PAGE. This terrible object is interfering with my Internet Searches and any Internet actions I attempt to take.

This has been interfering with my E-MAIL sending and receiving.

I cannot remove it from my computer.

I went to Add & Remove and removed it and anything which looked remotely related. I went to my C-Drive and manually removed it there.

This replaced my HOME PAGE where I find NEWS, which I enjoy having access to, with a 4 share and Google Search in place of my home page.

Today, I tried to run RESTORE, setting the date BACK to October 21, then repeated to October 14, long before CONDUIT installed itself on my computer. RESTORE would NOT WORK. Stated I might have a DAMAGED DRIVE.

I contacted CONDUIT and gave them same information, requesting instructions to remove, and got nothing but the usual mindless "we received your request."

CONDUIT COMES UP IN MY BROWSER .

Appreciate any help in removing this terrible object from my NEARLY NEW COMPUTER.

Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,249 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Nov-2010, 02:46 PM #2
Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next post.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Dec-2010, 04:48 AM #3
Solution for Firefox and Windows
Hi, I have written a detailed account on how remove Conduit Engine from Windows and Firefox - it should help with other configurations too:

http://thesietch.org/mysietch/keith/...m-firefox-3-x/

Cheers

Keith
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!