Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I have Internet connection but cannot connect to the Internet!

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 06:36 PM #1
Angry I have Internet connection but cannot connect to the Internet!
I really hope someone can help me! I have jus got my new samsung np-nc 10, it is connected to my wireless Internet but when I open up Internet explorer it says 'internet explorer cannot display the webpage'. So I click on Diagnose Connection Problems... It then comes up with 'consult your computer manufacturers troubleshooting! No matter what I do it doesn't work, surely this shouldn't be happening to a new laptop?! Any help would be much appreciated
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,877 posts.

10-Nov-2010, 07:20 PM #2
"wireless internet"? Do you mean Mobile broadband? Or line-of-sight wireless to an antenna atop your house? Or something else?

Who is your ISP? Please give the brand and model of your modem and router, if any. And please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

12-Nov-2010, 03:38 AM #3
Hi ,

Thanks for all that. Only thing is I can only access the internet on my iPhone so I don't know how I can get the results from the laptop onto here. I'll c if I can borrow someones computer to put the results on here.

Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,877 posts.

12-Nov-2010, 09:56 AM #4
In lieu of another computer just try to answer the set of questions, and tell us the IP (or IPv4) Address from the ipconfig /all.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!