Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Internet randomly goes off and on (Netgear WPN 824 v3 router)

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Nov-2010, 05:33 PM #1
Unhappy Internet randomly goes off and on (Netgear WPN 824 v3 router)
Hey everyone, my name is Andre,

I've had a Netgear WPN824 v3 wired/wireless router for over a year now. Recently, the wireless intern connection goes off and on. The desktop computer that's wired to it doesn't lose connection, only wireless devices repeatedly gain and lose connection. To fix it I have to unplug the the router and plug it back in. The connection returns for about 2 minutes and then starts to go off and on again. I'm completely confused about what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,609 posts.

24-Nov-2010, 11:34 PM #2
Make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Multiple wireless devices lose internet access at the same time? Can they still access the router (via wireless) during that time? If not, can you still detect the wireless network?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
router, wireless

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!