Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: connecting LG blue ray to network

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

27-Nov-2010, 12:32 PM #1
Solved: connecting LG blue ray to network
I have Verizon fios internet and am trying to hook up my blue ray to the network. I have a router that has the WAN/LAN connection ports and have plugged the ethernet cable to the LAN on the blue ray and the router but am not getting a connection. The internet on my laptop is connected wirelessly through the router and works great. I am pretty clueless as to how to hook up to the blue ray to the internet, as you can tell, and could use some help. I just purchased the LG BD530 blue ray and am hoping I can hook it up to the internet to streamline to my netflix account. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,048 posts.

27-Nov-2010, 12:50 PM #2
Quote:
I just purchased the LG BD530 blue ray and am hoping I can hook it up to the internet to streamline to my netflix account. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
I dont know if you can do that - will need to look at the specs
But
Lets see how you have your router setup - should be DHCP - so lets see an ipconfig /all from the working laptop
and then on the DVD player , have you will need to gointo the setup options and make sure they are setup OK
I have my PVR, TV and DVD connected to a router and use a fixed IP

Meanwhile i will look at the manual if available on line
Computer Specs

27-Nov-2010, 01:00 PM #3
Ok found the online manuall here http://www.lg.com/us/support/product...oduct-profile#
it would be worth you downloading so we talk the same page numbers etc - although it may be exactly the same as the one you have

Page 21 talks about the network installation and dynamic and static IPs which I was referring to in the above post

If you could also go through those settings on that page and post the information there - Ipaddress, subnet, etc

27-Nov-2010, 04:20 PM #4
First, thank you for your quick response! In the meantime I had reset the router and the blu ray has since connected to the internet. I am disappointed though because I don't know how I can connect to netflix. Do you know if there is a way to do that?
Also, I have another blu ray that is too far away from the router to be connected by the LAN cable. Do you know if there is anything that I can hook up to the blu ray so that it can connect to the router wirelessly?
Computer Specs

27-Nov-2010, 04:32 PM #5
Quote:
Also, I have another blu ray that is too far away from the router to be connected by the LAN cable. Do you know if there is anything that I can hook up to the blu ray so that it can connect to the router wirelessly?
Yes you can use a wireless access point
I currently use a
EW-7209 to connect a Panasonic TV and a Humax HDR PVR
but if you only want to connect one device then the EW-7206 should do the trick
although I know these products can sometimes be picky with what works on them

Quote:
I am disappointed though because I don't know how I can connect to netflix. Do you know if there is a way to do that?
It may not have an internet facility on it and only use DLNA on the network to stream any video or music you have stored - would need to look at manual to see if theres a portal to the internet

Quote:
You can use various content services via Internet with the On-line Entertainment Access feature.

AccuWeather– See page 46-47
YouTube™ – See page 48-50
Picasa Wab Albums™ – See page 51-53
Looking at the above the portal is limited to those three sites

27-Nov-2010, 04:46 PM #6
thank you so much for your quick help! I'll be returning the bluray since i didn't do my research first and realize that I couldn't connect to netflix. I'll definitely be getting that wireless component for my other bluray though. Thanks and have a great day.
Computer Specs

27-Nov-2010, 04:54 PM #7
your welcome - its quite confusing what you can and cannot connect to - I purchased a HD PVR from humax and it was supposed to have iplayer for catch up TV and - we are still waiting for that functionality to arrive
on the panasonic TV they have a limited portal to the internet - again iplayer is only available from freesat and not from freeview and no plans to bring catchup TV to the portal for freeview - a bit disappointing -

you can mark the thread solved - button at the top of the page " Mark Solved "
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bd530, lg blue ray, network connection

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!