Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HP Pavilion dv6000 -- No Internet Connection

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Nov-2010, 03:49 PM #1
HP Pavilion dv6000 -- No Internet Connection
Hi my name is Brent and recently I've been experiencing issues with my laptop and its wireless capabilities. I live in a dorm room and don't have a wireless router so I've had my wireless turned off for quite some time. Recently I went home where I do have a router and attempted to turn on my wireless to no avail. I have a switch on the front of my computer that is supposed to turn blue when the wireless is on but it never changes from the orange (dormant) color. I've had this issue before when my computer was under warranty and I had to send it to HP. According to them the issue was with my motherboard and once it was replaced I haven't any issues up until now. I went into the device manager and the only issue that seems to be there is an error message next to my 6to4 #4 adapter and it says 'This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)'. My computer is an HP Pavilion dv6000 that runs Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,627 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Nov-2010, 04:04 PM #2
Is there any physical switch or button on the laptop that would allow you to turn wireless capabilities on and off?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Nov-2010, 08:04 PM #3
Yes, that was the explanation of the switch that I have on the front of my computer. When wireless is switched on (move the switch to the left) the light should turn blue. When it is off (switch is to the right) the light should be orange. No matter what I do the light always remains orange and if I go into the "manage networks" no wireless is to be found.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!