Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

The IP Address conflicts with the wan ip subnet. Please use a different ip address

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Jan-2011, 11:44 AM #1
The IP Address conflicts with the wan ip subnet. Please use a different ip address
I am trying to setup a netgear wireless router as an access point. The main router is a netopia. We cannot log in to the netopia because no one knows the user name and password. I am new at the company. Here is our situation.

Netopia Router
DHCP Range 192.168.0.100~192.168.0.200

Netgear WNDR3400 Wireless router
DHCP enabled

I am trying to change the Netgear to 192.168.0.201 with DHCP disabled.

When I hit apply I receive the message "THE IP ADDRESS CONFLICTS WITH THE WAN IP SUBNET. PLEASE USE A DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS.

Could the problem be that we had a cable connected from the wall jack to the wan port on the netgear wireless router?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated
cwwozniak   (Chuck) cwwozniak is offline cwwozniak is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. cwwozniak has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 46,354 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Jan-2011, 12:22 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacandrew View Post
Could the problem be that we had a cable connected from the wall jack to the wan port on the netgear wireless router?
That is probably correct.

Here is a link to some instructions by another member on how you should add the second router:
http://forums.techguy.org/7674994-post3.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!