Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Networking Networking
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

MIFI 2200 won't connect

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 90 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Apr-2011, 12:08 AM #1
MIFI 2200 won't connect
MIFI 2200 works with the USB connected to the computer but, won't transmit to another computer.

It is a desktop. So I put in a wireless card. It will identify that the network is there but, will not access it. Is there a difference between what a desktop wireless card will access and what a laptop or mobile device will talk with.
There seems to be because the MIFI will connect to a Droid and a laptop but, not to the desktop I want it to.

Is there a different card or some kind of USB thingy that I can use to make the two devices talk.

Additional:

MIFI is a verizon cellular product to connect up to 5 computers.

It will work when plugged in directly but, not when it has to use the wireless card.

The computer I want to connect has a wireless card and will recognize the network but, won't connect. It is a desktop, not a laptop or mobile device.

Thank you for your consideration

Turns out that you can buy a WiFi adapter in a USB plug and play device for a newegg price of 7.99 dollars to a high price of about 150 bucks.

Is there any card that I can put inside the computer so I can make this permanent?

Last edited by tonyacardo; 30-Apr-2011 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: found new information
Computer Specs
Moderator with 49,864 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Apr-2011, 08:55 AM #2
you can use the device in two modes - USB, Wireless
http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/...0/mifi2200.pdf

what mode are you using it - should be wireless - you can then connect upto 5 devices to the MiFi with wireless and use the mobile broadband connection - Note your data plan , as it could get expensive
Computer Specs
Moderator with 64,000 posts.

30-Apr-2011, 12:43 PM #3
Your post was not clear to me. I'm assuming you have installed wireless in the desktop and the MIFI is working.

Are you using XP's wireless utility (WZC) or a wireless utility that came with the card? Do you have the latest driver from the manufacturer's web site?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!