Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

22-May-2011, 05:33 PM #1
Unhappy Upload speeds extremely slow using Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router on Comcast
Download speeds, per speedtest.net and speakeasy, are about 20mbps.

When the speed test gets to the upload part, it usually hangs or takes a long time before giving me a result of about 0.04mbps. Basically, it's so slow, it sometimes just gives up and times out.

This translates into a real shoddy internet experience because something as simple as choosing airline tickets requires your computer to "upload" your choices. And of course, if that doesn't happen within a certain amount of time... Timeout!

I have tested the connection without my Netgear FVS336G Dual WAN router in the way and it is much better so I'm certain it's the router.

When I tell the router to use WAN 2, which is where my AT&T DSL connection is on, the upload works just fine (about .4 mbps - I'm provisioned at 512kbps so it's fine).

Also, this is the case on ALL computers on the network - wired, wireless, PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, you name it. So, it's definitely not device specific.

This is for a client I do work for all the time, expects great service, and pays me well to have it so.

Any help would be great!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,425 posts.

23-May-2011, 09:05 AM #2
It sounds like you narrowed it down to either the router and Comcast are not working well together or else a problem with one of the router's WAN ports. Can you switch which ports are connected to Comcast and AT&T to farther isolate it?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
comcast, fvs336g, slow, speed, upload

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!