Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Personal News & Announcements Personal News & Announcements
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

The Passing of Nate Oliver- Microsoft Excel MVP

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5,434 posts.

Experience: I'ma learnin'!
06-Dec-2011, 05:48 PM #1
The Passing of Nate Oliver- Microsoft Excel MVP
I thought I'd let everyone know about this. Although he didn't frequent this board, Nate Oliver, a Microsoft Excel MVP, passed away unexpectedly. His brother-in-law, Adam Snyder, made a post to the MVP Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/MVPAwardProgram?sk=wall

If you didn't know Nate, you really missed out. He was an avid poster to other help forums, namely MrExcel.com. He was both brilliant and giving. This is one of those times where you don't have hardly anything bad you can say about the person, even if you tried. He was an all around nice guy. I had the absolute privilege of meeting him on multiple occasions. He will be sorely missed.
Moderator with 63,268 posts.

08-Dec-2011, 06:58 PM #2
Ah, jeeze......I had seen him on MrExcel quite a few times (you actually pointed me there once, eons ago, Zack)....please pass on my condolences to his family.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,434 posts.

Experience: I'ma learnin'!
08-Dec-2011, 07:08 PM #3
I don't have the words some people do, so I do not do him justice. I learned probably more from him than anyone else. Even learned about running command lines from Excel from him.
Moderator with 63,268 posts.

08-Dec-2011, 07:09 PM #4
yeah, that may be so (may be) but you got poop tons of raw knowledge, and that trumps vocabulary any day of the week.......
Drabdr   (Brad) Drabdr is offline Drabdr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Community Moderator with 9,837 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Dec-2011, 08:04 PM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Barresse View Post
I don't have the words some people do, so I do not do him justice. I learned probably more from him than anyone else. Even learned about running command lines from Excel from him.
I think those are words enough, Zack. And by the mere fact that you took the time to post and memorialize him, is justice enough.

There are many, many great people like Nate that help so many. Thank you for bringing this up.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!