Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Personal News & Announcements Personal News & Announcements
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

We are On Facebook

(!)

TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media with 267 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Dec-2011, 05:15 AM #1
We are On Facebook
Hi Guys,

Due to the extreme popularity of this forum we are trying to engage with our current users on Facebook at
http://on.fb.me/techsupportguy

On top of this we will try and connect with new people who don't know about this great community.

As a result we would love for your help by "Liking" our Facebook page and sharing it with your friends. It would be much appreciated.

Additionally, you might see some posts from me around this forum with images like this which is aiming to get you guys to become fans. Currently we only have just over 800 fans but there are generally over 4,000 people on this site at any given time. So let's try and break the 1,000 fan barrier ASAP.

Ultimately, I think this community is really great and think that a lot of people can benefit from it which is why we would love your help to spread the word.

Thanks!
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,295 posts.

20-Dec-2011, 06:26 AM #2
Just to clarify, what is the intended use of that page?
In particular, what are we to do with people who ask tech questions on facebook instead of here?
Is there any way that a thread can be nominated for being shared on facebook?
TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,911 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Dec-2011, 01:03 PM #3
Good questions, Ent! We don't want people to ask questions on Facebook rather than TSG. In fact, when they do, we help them register with TSG and post their question here, where it belongs.

What we want to do is encourage people to discover TSG (if they haven't already) by seeing that their friends use TSG. Also, I expect that it will help to bring back visitors who otherwise may register, post one question, and never return. By presenting them with interesting threads through the social media sites they use on a regular basis, it may help to keep us in the front of their minds next time they have a computer problem or, better yet, encourage them to explore TSG for tips and suggestions even when they don't have a problem.

If you have a suggest for a thread that we should share, please send it via PM to TechSocial. After the big TSG update coming next year, I may consider creating a simple button to nominate threads! I think that's a great idea.
Moderator with 64,114 posts.

22-Dec-2011, 01:34 PM #4
Welcome back TechSocial......sorry for the, um, misunderstanding earlier.
Member with 35,238 posts.

23-Dec-2011, 10:26 AM #5
TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media with 267 posts.

23-Dec-2011, 07:06 PM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ent View Post
Just to clarify, what is the intended use of that page?
In particular, what are we to do with people who ask tech questions on facebook instead of here?
Is there any way that a thread can be nominated for being shared on facebook?
Thanks Ent, like TechGuy said we are not trying to take anything away from this forum nor are we trying to get people to necessarily solve the problems of others on the Facebook page. What we are trying to do is engage with people who may and may not know about this wonderful resource and direct them here to help out or get their own problems solved.
Computer Specs
Member with 56,157 posts.

23-Dec-2011, 10:21 PM #7
If you are Not TechGuy but use the TechGuy name and logo then you already took away what belongs to TechGuy and others at Facebook will think it's this TechGuy here when it's not.

That gets a from me.
Member with 45,354 posts.

23-Dec-2011, 11:08 PM #8
Um, I think it is TechGuy hewee.....Too familiar....
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,295 posts.

24-Dec-2011, 03:14 AM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSocial View Post
Thanks Ent, like TechGuy said we are not trying to take anything away from this forum nor are we trying to get people to necessarily solve the problems of others on the Facebook page. What we are trying to do is engage with people who may and may not know about this wonderful resource and direct them here to help out or get their own problems solved.
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that all my facebook posts redirecting people here weren't going against the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewee View Post
If you are Not TechGuy but use the TechGuy name and logo then you already took away what belongs to TechGuy and others at Facebook will think it's this TechGuy here when it's not.

That gets a from me.
It's someone with admin access to the techguy facebook page and enough clout here to get a special title. Definitely not an unofficial scheme at least.
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,467 posts.

29-Dec-2011, 07:58 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewee View Post

That gets a from me.
Hewee........TechGuy (Mike) is the one that created the TechGuy Facebook Page and also created the TechSocial position to HELP with that, and he is also the one that brought in a media person to fill the TechSocial position. I really don't think that TechGuy (Mike) is taking anything away from himself.
Computer Specs
Member with 56,157 posts.

30-Dec-2011, 12:33 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMJ View Post
Hewee........TechGuy (Mike) is the one that created the TechGuy Facebook Page and also created the TechSocial position to HELP with that, and he is also the one that brought in a media person to fill the TechSocial position. I really don't think that TechGuy (Mike) is taking anything away from himself.
Thank you for all that info.
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,467 posts.

30-Dec-2011, 08:13 AM #12
You're welcome, Hewee.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!