Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Phones & Handheld Devices Phones & Handheld Devices
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Formatting Nokia 7210 Supernova

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

Experience: Still Learning....
15-Jul-2011, 04:52 PM #1
Unhappy Solved: Formatting Nokia 7210 Supernova
Hello there!

I am having a Nokia 7210 Supernova cellphone. Of the last 18 months of its ownership it has been with me for only around 3 months.... The remaining time it had been lying at the Nokia Care for 'formatting' .

Everytime I get it back after a 'formatting' it lasts for a day or two and starts behaving like mad....either it freezes or gets switched off on its own or doesn't start at all. The Nokia Care people say its a virus....(I have no idea how it can catch a 'virus' coz firstly, I never got chance to use its GPRS facility or Bluetooth. Secondly, it is a Symbian series 40 phone.) Anyway, after the warranty period was over they are charging for the formatting and I feel robbed. The problem had been persisting since the beginning.

This time it lasted a record of about 4 hours.

Any idea about how to format the phone at home? I don't want to get back to Nokia Care again....

Help!!!!!
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

17-Jul-2011, 07:02 AM #2
Hey everyone!!!! No reply....
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 28 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Jul-2011, 06:17 PM #3
Do u want a memory format or Flash format???
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

21-Jul-2011, 09:04 AM #4
Well, ummm.... what is the difference between the two???
Do you mean "Restore Factory Settings" by memory format?
I think what the service centre people do is the flash format, but I'm not sure.
Currently, my phone is like dead, it cannot even be switched on......
Computer Specs

21-Jul-2011, 06:28 PM #5
Memory format is just formatting your memory card
while flash format is formating your internal memory and make ur phone factory restored...

and tell me why U can't even switch on your phone????
Is your phone charged
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

22-Jul-2011, 04:29 AM #6
I think it is charged.... It went off the day I had last charged it (about a week back)....
It was switched off when it was being charged and it never turned on...
Since then I had tried to turn it on for about 5-6 times....
Needless to say, but they were fruitless attempts.....

What actually happens when I press the power button to turn it on is that the Nokia logo appears (no sound comes), stays for about 1 sec and then the logo fades off leaving a white screen. Then the white screen goes black (that's when the phone is switched off again). On restarting the phone, same result is repeated....

And this is not the first time this has happened. This is occuring repeatedly and every time the Nokia Care people tell that it needs to be formatted (flash formatted).

I have already formatted the memory card.... In fact, it is not even there in the phone now...

Any idea what I should do?

Last edited by Firebreather; 22-Jul-2011 at 04:35 AM..
Computer Specs

22-Jul-2011, 02:11 PM #7
Follow these steps : [ but at your own risk !!! ]

1. Connect your phone with charger.
2. Switch it On.
3. Type *#7370#
This will do a hard reset of your Nokia 7210 means your Factory OS and full settings will be restored.
Hope this help

waiting for feedback

Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

22-Jul-2011, 03:09 PM #8
The phone can't be switched on even after connecting it with charger.
Still the Nokia logo appears and vanishes...
What should I do now?
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

22-Jul-2011, 04:05 PM #9
You've had the phone for a year and a half, and most of the time it hasn't been functional? What you do is get it replaced under warranty right away. You may be stuck with a paperweight by now.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

22-Jul-2011, 04:49 PM #10
The Nokia Care always said that the problem was repairable. Replacement is offered only when the problem in impossible to repair.... And the warranty was of 1 year only, and that is already over....
Sigh....

22-Jul-2011, 05:52 PM #11
There's nothing you can do. They didn't fix it within the year, and according to you it wasn't working. Your story doesn't make sense, but it's irrelevant now. You need a new phone. There's nothing you can do if it won't even power up, and given the history, it's broken or defective.
Computer Specs

22-Jul-2011, 06:21 PM #12
Nokia should replace it !!!
and Why you not informed them about this whole story !!!

Sorry, but you can't do anything now.....Try to visit a local mobile repair shop....I think they can help you
Computer Specs
Member with 5,068 posts.

22-Jul-2011, 06:37 PM #13
Well, according to me it was not working.... But Nokia thought it was coz it was functional for 4-5 days max..... And the problem was bcoz of me for not keeping it virus-proof...

I now know that series 40 phones can't have virus attacks....

And the funny part is that in every Nokia Care Centre here there is a jumbo box, where they are requesting the cellphone users to drop their old phones (of all brands and no money will be paid in return) for Nokia to recycle, so that they can save the world ..... Thought this would be relevant in this matter.... LOL .... What do you think?????

and DoubleHelix, you are right, maybe I need a new phone, but I am not going to give up so easily....
and S-9, I rang up the Nokia Careline, but they asked me to contact the Nokia Care (service centre)...
Any idea who else I can contact in this regard???
(I was thinking of Starting a "I hate Nokia" group in TSG ... What do you think????)

I just came to know of a software called Phoenix Service Software but the info is not clear.... Can you please give me some information on how to use it and from where I can download it. Moreover, can I perform the flash format in a normal setting (like home or office)????
Computer Specs

22-Jul-2011, 06:45 PM #14
Go and contact the official Nokia Care Centre and inform them about this whole matter..

You can perform Flash format but You shouldn't ~!!!

PS: Dont ever think of ''I hate Nokia'' ..... It is Best !!! but sometime it is not....

22-Jul-2011, 09:46 PM #15
If it won't power on, you can't do anything with it. You can't reset anything. You can't use any software on it. It doesn't work.

It's really hard to believe that Nokia refused to replace this phone when you say they had it for months at a time. That's really unheard of.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!