Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Phones & Handheld Devices Phones & Handheld Devices
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Textbooks for Tablets

(!)

Member with 153 posts.

Experience: Ive been around the block a few times.
18-Jan-2012, 01:16 AM #1
Textbooks for Tablets
Hey guys i go to college and i sure hate schlupping those books around everywhere. their heavy, expensive, and they sure suck. instead, i want to get a tablet so that i can download my books to my tablet. but i cant seem to find any online resources to download my books. most i can find is ebooks that stream live. so id have to have wifi in class or i couldnt access my textbook. Id like to figure out how the heck to take my books with me on the go.

Is there a better choice of tablet? are there textbook apps on the droid market?
Moderator with 63,671 posts.

18-Jan-2012, 09:13 AM #2
You'd first have to find a place that will allow you to d/l the text book TO a tablet.....regardless, chances are very high you will have to pay for the digital version as well as the book format.

Have you talked to your school about the digital availability of the textbooks? That is where I would start......

"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that". - Gary Kildall
Moderator with 63,671 posts.

18-Jan-2012, 09:14 AM #3
also, I moved this to the appropriate forum.

thanks,

v
Member with 153 posts.

18-Jan-2012, 02:20 PM #4
college doesnt offer much along those lines just yet. currently its private companies who are making the resources digital and downloadable. but i found my answer, coursesmart.com has android
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

18-Jan-2012, 03:02 PM #5
CourseSmart offers electronic textbooks and an application in the Android Market and for the iPad. If you want to use the Android application, you need an Android tablet that supports the Android Market. Not all do. The Kindle Fire, for example, doesn't. Many of the cheap no-name tablets also don't allow access to the Android Market.
Member with 153 posts.

18-Jan-2012, 04:56 PM #6
no i know how to order the appropriate tablet from here. just didnt know what apps or offers were out there. i know the whole digital book thing is new and not everyone has caught on but it seems like they have now. all aboard the paperless train
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!