Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Phones & Handheld Devices Phones & Handheld Devices
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

250MB internet how much?

(!)

Member with 145 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 11:22 AM #1
250MB internet how much?
I am planning to get a phone on pay monthly with internet. It says however, that I can have up to 250MB of internet, I'm not sure how much this is though... is it a lot? How long would it last roughly?

Thanks,

Denys
Account Disabled with 16,918 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 11:59 AM #2
A phone uses the internet differently..not using very much bandwidth...windows phones use more though as more is usually displayed.

250 isnt alot..but is plenty if you are not on the phone all the time surfing...overage charges are outrageous usually.
8 MB a day isnt much unless you you just check emails etc on the road......personally I think its terrible..many plans are in the Gigs...you would be getting a fourth of a gig...would need to keep an eye on your usage...I wouldnt get the plan unless you were a pretty light user and just wanted to catch up about once a day or so while away from the house
Member with 145 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 12:14 PM #3
Ahh OK. I would probably use it fairly frequently to use Facebook etc. What MB should I go for if I were to surf the net for an average of about 10-20 minutes a day?

Thanks,

Denys

03-Jan-2011, 12:20 PM #4
The 250 plan might get you by for light usage of 10 to 20 minutes a day
Member with 145 posts.

03-Jan-2011, 12:34 PM #5
Thanks for the help. I am actually planning on getting the following plan from Orange... http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phon...&id=sku2820063 I am worried about going over the internet usage. Does anyone know roughly how much you get charged for going over the limit?

03-Jan-2011, 12:48 PM #6
I dont know what overages are in the uk.
Here in the US you can get into hundreds of dollars pretty easy.
There may be a law in the UK to prevent such and charge similar usage cost as applied plan...I would defiantly find out what overage costs are though for sure.
Account Disabled with 1,098 posts.

Experience: Advanced
03-Jan-2011, 12:52 PM #7
If you're worried about overage charges you might check into a 'pay as you go' plan. Those don't incur overage charges-they just cut you off when you reach your limit, then you decide whether to buy more right now or wait until your budget catches up.

Personally, I have the discipline to not go over my limit-but my kids don't which is why they had 'pay as you go' plans when I was paying for them. I'm not sure what they do now-although I did hear one of them screaming over their $400 phone bill last month.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!