Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How Do You Greet People During The Holidays?


(!)

View Poll Results: What Do You Say During the Holidays?
Merry Christmas 13 56.52%
Happy Holidays 5 21.74%
Something Else 3 13.04%
Nothing at all.... 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Hulk701's Avatar
Account Disabled with 2,581 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tacoma, WA
Experience: Who Needs Experience When You Have Guts?
23-Dec-2004, 10:36 PM #1
How Do You Greet People During The Holidays?
Hey Gang,

There's been a lot of discussion lately about whether we should greet people Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays.

What do you think. Is Christmas becoming 'politically correct.' Are we becoming overly sensitive to problems that don't exist?

Or is Happy Holidays a way of including everybody in the season so nobody is left out?

What do you think?

You can only vote once in this poll...
hewee's Avatar
Computer Specs
Member with 56,019 posts.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sacto. Ca.
23-Dec-2004, 10:40 PM #2
Say why is in your heart and not what others say.

Merry Christmas
Big-K's Avatar
Member with 6,052 posts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kansas
Experience: Advanced
23-Dec-2004, 10:42 PM #3
I just say what I normally say. I dont act special because of the holidays, although I think that whole 'say happy holidays because others feel left out' thing is complete bull ****.
anglin_fool's Avatar
Senior Member with 1,100 posts.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: DC area
23-Dec-2004, 11:24 PM #4
I say Happy Holidays because it covers all of them including New Years.

Happy Holidays!
ezymony's Avatar
ezymony ezymony is offline
Senior Member with 741 posts.
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: wellington,al
23-Dec-2004, 11:30 PM #5
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year i love this time of year it bring out the best in people. Even old people with a bad attitude like me..lol
Raeli's Avatar
Senior Member with 1,507 posts.
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NY metro area
Experience: Advanced
24-Dec-2004, 01:15 AM #6
I'm one of those others that some people are trying to include, and I mostly think it's silly.

I figure that no matter what holiday greeting I get, the greeter is trying to be nice and I return the greeting I get.

It works for me.
angelize56's Avatar
Always remembered in our hearts with 82,163 posts.
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Goddess of Random/Resident Ang
Experience: Learning it all here!
24-Dec-2004, 01:27 AM #7
I say Merry Christmas!

Big-K: In your post #3...you know the TSG rules by now about trying to get past the censor!
LuckyStrike's Avatar
Senior Member with 2,141 posts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Experience: Intermediate
24-Dec-2004, 04:03 AM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
I say Merry Christmas!

Big-K: In your post #3...you know the TSG rules by now about trying to get past the censor!
What's wrong with Bull oney? ****=oney
Servant of Eru's Avatar
Senior Member with 2,106 posts.
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Experience: Plumbs the Tubes
24-Dec-2004, 04:29 AM #9
I dress in black and assume an angry demeanor. Hopefully, this makes all people I don't know (and don't want to talk to) avoid me. If they actually come up to me, I start with the sarcasm and assholery. That usually drives them off. If all else fails, I just walk away.


Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
I say Merry Christmas!

Big-K: In your post #3...you know the TSG rules by now about trying to get past the censor!

angel, please try something for me......type every single swear word you can think of, then hit 'Submit Reply'; see what comes up. I think if you do, you will realize Big-K did NOT in fact try to get around the censor, but he just typed the word as if there WAS no censor.
XL Guru's Avatar
Senior Member with 2,702 posts.
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: nr. Cambridge, England.
Experience: there's no substitute for it, apparently
24-Dec-2004, 04:36 AM #10
>> Uncivilized and offensive language (especially cursing of any sort)

Angel, it's my belief this varies from one country/culture to another. There's a particular word I'm not sure on ; perhaps you could send me a list of words that Statesiders consider verboten.

NB: this isn't just a request to talk dirty to me.

Rgds,
Andy
Servant of Eru's Avatar
Senior Member with 2,106 posts.
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Experience: Plumbs the Tubes
24-Dec-2004, 06:08 AM #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL Guru
>> Uncivilized and offensive language (especially cursing of any sort)

Angel, it's my belief this varies from one country/culture to another. There's a particular word I'm not sure on ; perhaps you could send me a list of words that Statesiders consider verboten.

NB: this isn't just a request to talk dirty to me.

Rgds,
Andy

Wanking chav!
Hulk701's Avatar
Account Disabled with 2,581 posts.
THREAD STARTER
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tacoma, WA
Experience: Who Needs Experience When You Have Guts?
24-Dec-2004, 07:22 AM #12
....hmmmmm..

I seem to be missing some'in..

I thought he was just trying to get more stars from the teacher...
buck52's Avatar
Account Disabled with 8,373 posts.
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Mass.
24-Dec-2004, 09:41 AM #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant of Eru
I dress in black and assume an angry demeanor. Hopefully, this makes all people I don't know (and don't want to talk to) avoid me. If they actually come up to me, I start with the sarcasm and assholery. That usually drives them off. If all else fails, I just walk away.





angel, please try something for me......type every single swear word you can think of, then hit 'Submit Reply'; see what comes up. I think if you do, you will realize Big-K did NOT in fact try to get around the censor, but he just typed the word as if there WAS no censor.
Howdy Servant

How about trying this for me...

If you don't have anything nice/good to say don't post

buck
Big-K's Avatar
Member with 6,052 posts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kansas
Experience: Advanced
24-Dec-2004, 12:56 PM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
I say Merry Christmas!

Big-K: In your post #3...you know the TSG rules by now about trying to get past the censor!
I wasnt attempting to get past the censors. I wasn't sure if putting the two words together would be censored, and therefore get me accused of trying to get around the censors, like you just did.
valley's Avatar
Member with 19,134 posts.
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Experience: Intermediate
24-Dec-2004, 03:35 PM #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Servant of Eru
I dress in black and assume an angry demeanor. Hopefully, this makes all people I don't know (and don't want to talk to) avoid me. If they actually come up to me, I start with the sarcasm and assholery. That usually drives them off. If all else fails, I just walk away.
Jimmy, you singled me out in civideb for my rude post aimed at Mulder...saying that it was out of character for me, acting surprised that I would behave in such a way. Yet this is how you characterize yourself towards people who come up to you to greet you? How on earth can you take the high road with how I act when you admit that you are intentionally rude to people? Seems like you really werent offended by how I was behaving but were just looking for a reason, any reason, to make me feel bad.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.


(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


WELCOME
You Are Using: Server ID
Trusted Website Back to the Top ↑