Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

hooking up stereo speakers to a tv

(!)

Member with 178 posts.

02-Jan-2005, 01:46 PM #1
hooking up stereo speakers to a tv
hey, guys. this has nothing to do w/ computers, but my dilemma is still electronic, so i thought i'd ask you. i currently have a stereo system w/ six speakers attached. the stereo sits in my entertainment center next to my tv w/ the speakers all around it, and i would really like to hook the speakers to my tv. but i'm not sure how to do it. the stereo has no a/v jack on the back, so i don't even know if it's possible, but if anyone can help me or direct me to a how to site or something, i'd greatly appreciate it.
Member with 6,052 posts.

Experience: Advanced
02-Jan-2005, 02:04 PM #2
If there are no a/v jacks, then I don't think it's possible. That seems pretty odd though.
Senior Member with 1,298 posts.

02-Jan-2005, 02:05 PM #3
First you should check that the TV has an audio signal out. If it doesn't that would require going inside and tapping into the circuit to get the signal.

I did this on my old TV, it had an external audio jack out. Just ran a shielded cable between the TV and went into the stereo using the AUX input. Your typical stereo should have both a Phono and AUX input jack.

It was the same deal, stereo had a very complete speaker system attached, on mine, I can even use my home control system to shift the signal around to speakers in many rooms. Duh, no TV pic's but can listen to the TV.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!