Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

what are some good certifications to get?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 491 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Mar-2007, 04:34 PM #1
what are some good certifications to get?
First, I just got a job at a corporate-learning center kinda place maintaining all the computers in the training rooms...

So I have easy access to take exams for certs (hell, I can sign myself up) - and I was looking through the list and its really not as expensive as i thought (i guess the $$$ i hear about it costing is more for classes & getting ready for it). But not only that - I got access to the company's online library which looks to have everything I could ever need on the subject of my choice. freakin sweet if you ask me.

I'm confident that if I read a book (or two) on one of the tests I could pass it easily (in some cases I would really only read the book because I forget terms or names and usually replace them with "that thing(y)" )

I'm only contracted here so its a year job (atleast), and the goal is to, after a year, not only have the years experience, but as many certs as I can manage.

We use PearsonVUE, Certiport, & DDC(?)... So please let me know whats good, and even better if you have the test #.

MCSE, A+, N+ - probably good to start with? anyone know the #s? I saw them in the list but am too tired to make sense of what i was reading.
Couriant   (James) Couriant is offline Couriant is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Trusted Advisor with 30,779 posts.

29-Mar-2007, 12:50 PM #2
A+ and Network + to start off with, then go through MCSA/MCSE. MCSE is pretty much MCSA but with 2 more exams.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!