Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

fpl final notice!

(!)

Senior Member with 218 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-May-2009, 09:32 PM #1
fpl final notice!
i live in florida and have run into tough times the last six months. does anyoe know how long you have after receiving the final shut off notice from fpl? my final day to pay my bill was today, 5/26/0*9,. thanks for any input.
Drabdr   (Brad) Drabdr is offline Drabdr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Community Moderator with 9,951 posts.

26-May-2009, 09:40 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgray21 View Post
i live in florida and have run into tough times the last six months. does anyone know how long you have after receiving the final shut off notice from fpl? my final day to pay my bill was today, 5/26/0*9,. thanks for any input.
I am not sure. I assume fpl stands for Florida Power and Light. I do understand where you are, but the one thing you do not want to do is not communicate with them. You need to call them, explain your circumstances, and see if they can work with you. I bet there are probably some programs to assist you. But you need to start by calling them and letting them know where you stand.
Member with 44,942 posts.

26-May-2009, 10:00 PM #3
I agree. Call them immediately. And, do you have anything like Legal Aid there? For low or no income people they have some good advice...
Computer Specs
Member with 7,213 posts.

Experience: Advanced
26-May-2009, 10:14 PM #4
Florida Power and Light -

http://www.fpl.com/community/crisis_assistance.shtml
http://www.fpl.com/community/additional_resources.shtml

the final notice should have a disconnect date on it no? If not I should think you would want to call their customer service to find out what their intentions are with the account.

27-May-2009, 05:09 AM #5
i'm in the process of getting assistance,but never had to do it before so i'm kind of in the dark. my final notice was 5/26/09 but there is no disconnect date on the bill, Just a warning about the reconnect fee etc. my question is how quick do they come out after (THIS IS YOUR FINAL NOTICE!)
Drabdr   (Brad) Drabdr is offline Drabdr has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Community Moderator with 9,951 posts.

27-May-2009, 09:53 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgray21 View Post
i'm in the process of getting assistance,but never had to do it before so i'm kind of in the dark. my final notice was 5/26/09 but there is no disconnect date on the bill, Just a warning about the reconnect fee etc. my question is how quick do they come out after (THIS IS YOUR FINAL NOTICE!)
I would be less concerned about how quickly they come out, and more worried about the reconnect fee. I would think they could come out in a couple of days?

Have you called them and told them you are trying to get assistance?

I know this is hard: Have you asked them not to turn the power off?

27-May-2009, 11:42 AM #7
the reconnect fee is 17.50. i'm trying to keep that from happening. i have half of the money and can't get any more until tomorrow. i already have a plan to run an extension cord to my buddies place behind me, to at least keep my frig going until i reconnect if i have to!
iltos has a Photo Album
Member with 18,281 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-May-2009, 12:52 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabdr View Post
I would be less concerned about how quickly they come out, and more worried about the reconnect fee.
no kidding....SCE here in CA threatens an fee that "could be as high as" $800!!!
Computer Specs
Member with 7,213 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-May-2009, 06:15 PM #9
Have you at least been making a tiny payment? I know alot of utilities if you at least make some kind of payment to them and let them know you can't make the full amount they will continue working on it with you. I had to do this with medical bills and utilities in the past when I was sick.

Alot of times what gets you in trouble the most is avoiding thier calls and not trying to make any payments/arrangements at all.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!