Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Movie Quotes or Scenes relevant to you.

(!)

Member with 10,688 posts.

04-May-2011, 12:49 PM #1621
Dwayne always sounded angry on the Phone - according to the Hotel Receptionist. Not surprisingly. He could quite justifiably ask why People with 'BS20' in their Passport are at the Ambassador Hotel while others aren't.

No - they're sat on Benches in little Towns. The System not working for them -------again!

"No Assimilation without Intergration!" ........ and someone called Ziegler sat on a Bench for Years hasn't been intergrated into anything!

I made another Radio Programme about another Election that Year (1992). The one that gave us the Kennedy of the 90s!

David the Diplomat makes another Cup of Tea, ...... practices the Harmonica while Danny digs a Tunnel and Virgil Hicks plays Baseball.........or even the Bass Guitar!

What do you with 50 Tonnes of Soil by the way?

Crap here isn't it! Full of slimy patronaged Yippies!

Now, by my Reckoning - and anyone else's - 1992 was - erm - 9 Years before any 9/11 'Coincidence'. The 90s really was a Time when everything got turned upside down, back to front and inside out - or at least that's how it seems. All in all I think whoever has been in charge here should answer Will Scarletts Question.......

"What is going on?????"

Whoever that Person is should be given a 'No Confidence' Vote the amount of Trauma they've caused a lot of People in that - and more recent - Times!

Ziegler might be on a Bench for Years - but he does have Family and Associations that don't live in this horribly intrigued so called 'Community' of very twee Users and Abusers.

Geoff Barrows shoddy Film Set more like - with the Studio System to match! A System most of the real Hollywood did away with Years ago..........beginning with UA and continued by everyone from Spielberg to Mel Gibson and Kevin Costner!

United Artists was established by Film Makers and Actors who were sick of seeing Hollywood run like this has been run for nearly 20 Years. Before UA you had People who flourished and those who existed - and that was it. Just like here..........and it still is!

Last edited by lighthouse; 04-May-2011 at 04:31 PM..

04-May-2011, 05:01 PM #1622
If Dwayne eventually became Secretary of State for Defence in any post-Apartheid Government maybe he should send the Stealth Bombers now!

I'll guide them in for him.

Ziegler gets his Revenge for Years on a Bench and "Ouch!"

Last edited by lighthouse; 04-May-2011 at 05:28 PM..

05-May-2011, 03:18 AM #1623
Mel Gibsons 'Prima nochta' Reference in "Braveheart" alludes to how somewhere can be run like a pre-UA Studio Lot. So it seems it isn't just whether you can play Music or do some sort of Creative Activity - and obtain quality of Life. Note 'Gibson' - not Fender, Rickenbacker, Ibenez or any of the other Instrument Manufacturers. He then makes his Film about the War of Independence.

Gibson was also the Man who flew the Dambuster - releasing the River - except Treebeard might have been selective about that one too!

No Taxation without Representation..............Mr Weller!

William Wallace was the Ally of someone estalished by David - who had a Son called Robert - from Huntingonshire.

Tristan shoots the Traitor in the Tree!

Dwayne finds out that the local Crossburners have been slandering someone for Years. He gets angry about it!

Dwayne is black!

Last edited by lighthouse; 05-May-2011 at 04:36 AM..

05-May-2011, 10:53 AM #1624
What is worth asking though is while Oliver Tobias, Micheal Gothard etc are in that first Episode of the 1972 HTV Series what were the People who made the Show doing? What have they been doing since? It's all very well having a Bunch of People on a TV Screen getting together but what about those behind the Cameras? This is the brokenest of Broken Landom!

There isn't even a decent LARP Club either - beit 6th Century Celtia, Medieval England, 18th Century Devon or the Jacobite Rebellion. That's something else that always seems to be happening everywhere else except here!

Tedium in exceedium! Almost deliberate - or run by dead Heads - or CEOs 1000s of Miles away.

The most accurate Portrayal of Arthurian Britain, the definative Treatment of the Robin Hood Legend - but if you came here it's like nothing has happened. All I can say is those responsible must be dead from the Neck up..........and down.

Last edited by lighthouse; 05-May-2011 at 11:50 AM..

05-May-2011, 06:39 PM #1625
Wouldn't mind knowing what happened after I wrote someone in 1998.

07-May-2011, 12:59 AM #1626
"Is there anywhere you don't smoke?" Woodward to Bernstein.

Bernstein; "All these nice Houses - it's hard to believe that somethings wrong"

Woodward; "No it isn't!"

Also, wouldn't mind knowing what was happening with the Hippie Film Set in the 90s.

Meanwhile, the only difference between a Rail Road and a Road is a Word it seems.

Last edited by lighthouse; 07-May-2011 at 01:06 AM..

07-May-2011, 07:46 AM #1627
...........And when I refer to the legendary Washington Post Duo I mean real Journalists not horribly unattainable Yippies with TV Equipment. In other Words the local Contingent! The last 20 Years has shown how corruptible they were! Or those horrible Radio Presenters who have various Strings attached to the Film Set and its - erm - 'Actors'. How has the 4th wealthiest Area in the UK - with all this apparent Industry involvement - be so bereft?

Would things suddenly improve if I wrote as an Estate Agent - or built Roads or something?

Being a Hippie doesn't make you uncorruptible!

Sleek here isn't it - but then so was Morton and Fonda - compared to Charles Bronson or Jason Robards. I suppose the Bloke in the Laundry used a lot of Powder too - when he wasn't doing his Laundry!

Last edited by lighthouse; 07-May-2011 at 08:17 AM..

07-May-2011, 08:59 AM #1628
Woodward and Bernstein - helped by 'Hal Holbrook' - might find that the People they - and Ben Bradley - wrote about in Washington were probably more accountable.

......................Probably less 'politics' going on in Washington too!

Last edited by lighthouse; 07-May-2011 at 09:21 AM..

07-May-2011, 09:39 AM #1629
David the Diplomat makes another Cup of Tea! At least it's not a Bench and "Ouch!"

And he though we were just a Bunch of People making Music, Radio and TV Programmes all those Years ago!

Looking forward to my next Conversation about 'Jobs' with Mr Jarulzelski!

Last edited by lighthouse; 07-May-2011 at 09:48 AM..

07-May-2011, 12:06 PM #1630
Brian Epstein was as Jewish as Dustin Hoffman, who is as Jewish as Karl Bernstein and his Musician Namesake. Sydney Sharnberg probably is too - while almost all the Music Stuff is as western as a Western - so how do we get to the 'Coincidence' of 9/11?

08-May-2011, 04:06 AM #1631
I would say that we went from the Jewish Music Impressario who managed the most successful Rock and Roll Band - ever - and someone who wrote the Theme to one of the most famous Films - to this because of those People 'managing' those Estates to their and no-one else's Satisfaction for Years - while whatever else was completely distracted by Wealth and Land Issues!

In other Words Spivvery!

When you talk to People here it really is like talking to a Brick Wall - with an Obtuseness that is exasperating!

I reckon David the Diplomat ought to have remained a retired Ambassador at Brogyntyn writing his Memoirs........eh Messers Barrow etc!

"My Time at Camelot" might have been a good title!

Wealth and Land isn't even Media Work is it!

But then neither is someone turning up at 11.30 pm - and you can smell the Whiskey! Question there not being "Have you been drinking" but "Who have you been drinking with?"

That Stuff is us - and after it's been passed around the Yippieocracy - used and abused - what's going to be left for whatever might be left of us? By the Time the Bloke in the Laundry has - erm - done his Laundry?

Hippies eh! "Sniff!"

Last edited by lighthouse; 08-May-2011 at 06:02 AM..

09-May-2011, 06:32 AM #1632
On the Subject of Soundtrack Music - anyone heard Vangelis's "Earth" Album?

For anyone I've known who thought they were Hippies - and it doesn't get much more Hippieish than this famous Greek Musician!

Last edited by lighthouse; 09-May-2011 at 07:20 AM..

10-May-2011, 01:37 AM #1633
Vangelis's latest Offering being the Soundtrack to Oliver Stones Film "Alexander". Quite appropriate for someone who's late 60s-early 70s Band were doing Songs like "Aegean"!

While - Greece and 'Camelot' have a quite auspicious Connection.

That's for anyone I've known who thought they were Hippies!

Are you now?????

"Alexander" - of course - is a Metaphor for this Story in that as they become the Macedon Warriors of Legend in the first 40 Minutes - with a Cameraderie you could sell in Blocks - by the last 40 they are carousing and indulged - fractured and rivven with Mistrust. It's Hrothgar in Beowulf after being the Para who landed at Arnhem many Years earlier.

You're not Hippies - you're a small Town indulgence - the Difference between what Alexander and his People are at the beginning of the Film and what they become. Someone who famously liberates an entire People in 1947 (Ben Kingsley in "Ghandi") to a corrupt Russian Policeman who tortures a young Woman on a Train (Trans-Siberian).

Lighthouse sees Comrade Jarulzelski - just to add Poignancy!

What connects Oliver Stones Epic with us is the Soundtrack!

"The 4 Horsemen" + 3 Dead Knights = the Magnificent 7.

There's another Thread about 'Age Groups' and there were many of ours who - as impressionable late Teens went to those 1982 Cinemas and saw 'Big X's Film - what happened to some of those now 40 Somethings? Everything the Film wasn't probably - rather like it's main Actor.

Why does the carousing and indulged Hrothgar call on someone who hasn't (Ray Winstone - Will Scarlett/Bors) when the Meduseld is attacked by Grendel? You're not Hippies - you're a small Town, stage managed - probably corrupt - fancy Dress Party. While the Gypsies travelled from India to Europe - Alexander travelled from Europe to India - what became of either?

What became of Ben Kingsley from 1982 (Ghandi) to 2008 (Trans-siberian)?

Is it real - or is it Treason?

I doubt even Yossarian would object if the US 8th Air Force launched its Strike from East Anglia!

Last edited by lighthouse; 10-May-2011 at 06:34 AM..

10-May-2011, 05:36 PM #1634
Meanwhile - the Robin Hood in reverse Process happened again today - this Time Rockford got robbed by Werner as his Bank Card disappeared. It's that infamous Bristolian Inversion again!

While I would have to reassure the somewhat hapless Luftwaffe Man that our Dentist isn't a Butcher - as I scrounge some Cigarettes or Tools.

As for Oliver Stones Epic - it's something of a filmic Warning - backed up by Ioan Gryffuds Quote about Rome!

Last edited by lighthouse; 10-May-2011 at 07:14 PM..

11-May-2011, 05:25 PM #1635
I think Oliver Stone might have been right!

So - does the same thing happen here as happened in Macedon once Alexander died? Then what happens after Cultures Final Solution has transpired?

Fact; Alexander the Great cried like a Baby when there was nothing left of the known World to conquer - so Oliver Stone couldn't have used a more appropriate Historical Charecter to say other Things about indulgence and the bitter Truth about the so called beautiful People. The BBC made a Series about Ancient Rome and there's a Scene where Nero is in Greece being very decadent indeed and I was reminded of the sort of People you'd see in 90s Nightclubs. Paradoxically, the only decent Charecter in the whole Series doesn't appear until the last Episode - His name was Alaric!

Last edited by lighthouse; 11-May-2011 at 06:28 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!