Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Movie Quotes or Scenes relevant to you.

(!)

Member with 10,873 posts.

09-Dec-2009, 11:33 PM #31
"Chariots of Fire" - "The 4 Horsemen" - hmmm - there's even the Prancing Pony!

11-Dec-2009, 05:19 AM #32
In fact "Chariots of Fire" is my favourite Film - not only because i'm associated with it but also because it represents everything that's decent about the World!
pyritechips has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 26,276 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Dec-2009, 12:49 PM #33
Blazing Saddles:

Quote:
Bart: What's your name?
Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.
Senior Member with 2,141 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
11-Dec-2009, 07:55 PM #34
Quote:
They civilize left, they civilize right, till nothing is left, till nothing is right. They civilize freedom till no one is free. No one except by coincidence me.

_____

Mud can make you prisoner and the plains can bake you dry. Snow can burn your eyes but only people make you cry.
Paint Your Wagon

11-Dec-2009, 11:48 PM #35
Oh I'll agree with PC on his Comments about LOTR elsewhere on TSG - maybe Orlando Bloom decided to redeem himself by being Balian in "Kingdom of Heaven" huh!!!!!

14-Dec-2009, 03:17 AM #36
Instead of having the Incredible Hulk - although he's a rather misunderstood good Guy - we could have the A Team instead huh!

14-Dec-2009, 03:22 AM #37
After 7 Centuries Harold Abrahams wins the College Dash - there's even 7 x 7 by Hawkwind too isn't there??? That's Lemmys old Band!
Member with 44,333 posts.

14-Dec-2009, 03:32 AM #38
"The Country's in the Very Best of Hands"....

14-Dec-2009, 03:55 PM #39
Watch the Film - "The Patriot" - and observe the bit at the end!

I think it's a beautiful Film and side steps the local control freak Nazis completely! Not surprised you Guys had a War in 1776 - although Mel Gibsons Charecter does everything he can to avoid one!

Last edited by lighthouse; 14-Dec-2009 at 04:15 PM..

15-Dec-2009, 11:21 PM #40
I sometimes think I'm turning into Mad Max - which is fine because it brings us back to the Tina Turner Song.
Member with 44,333 posts.

16-Dec-2009, 02:03 AM #41
Hold on, is that the same "Mad Max" that's in the "Learning" thread? He's everywhere.......

16-Dec-2009, 05:32 AM #42
I just rate Mel Gibson as an Actor and Film Producer in that he at least tries to tell the World what happened. As a Journalist I relate to that. You can see just how much he matured too - from Thunderdome to the Patriot - where in the latter - he has made the Transition from William Wallace to Robert the Bruce - and even within the Film his Charecterization is a Microcosm of it. From being at Fort Wilderness to the proto-Congressman at Charlestown trying to prevent the Conflict he knows will devour the entire Nation.

10 out of 10 for the Patriot!!!!

18-Dec-2009, 12:06 AM #43
In Lisa Alexanders "Mists of Avalon" the Actor who plays Mordred look very similar to someone I was in a Group with in 1994-5. Remembering what he was like I'm not surprised!

18-Dec-2009, 12:44 PM #44
Autosol rather than Duraglit by the way - the Stuff you use on Chrome to keep it Chrome - and I think the Set Builders and Costumeirs on "Excalibur" must have had it in abundance which explains the Films very surreal appearance!

18-Dec-2009, 04:48 PM #45
I get given this Badge that says "I love chocolate" - but has anyone seen the Film "Enemy at the Gates"? and what happens to Sascha - who likes Chocolate? And these Yippies expected me to take on an Industry that ravages entire Continents? So how many Enemies would I earn by dioing that?

I think they've got a diabolical Nerve and "Wasted Life" really would apply here!

These are the same People who leave or consign me to a Gulag for Years - getting all sorts of crap! The same Yippieocracy that lied, slandered contrived and deceived, stole and manipulated for 11 Years before! The same Yippies who did very nicely thankyou very much - developing their Careers, Property etc - while I lived as a Banned Person in this poisonous Glen - kept down and kept out?

Oh Yeah New Age Yippieocracy Fascism - totally!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really did disappear up its own cynical self-importance in the 90s - plausable to the point of being dangerous! You can have all the Albums you like about Jilted Generations, Clash Remixes, Chip Shops or Trendy Lefty Poetry and Song Lyrics, but that Industry could ransom your entire Economy or buy your Government! And it has - including Canada a few years ago! The intellectual Economy Huh?

Watch the Film "The constant Gardener"

While of course Mel Gibson sums it all up in the "Patriot" when he points out the Falaciousness of General Gates Strategy,

My user name is Lighthouse ......................... not Light Brigade!

Last edited by lighthouse; 18-Dec-2009 at 06:18 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!