Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Movie Quotes or Scenes relevant to you.

(!)

Member with 10,935 posts.

28-Dec-2009, 02:47 PM #106
I'm starting to think that I've met far too many Lord and Lady Bellemes - along with a few Hugo De Rainaults - and not nearly enough Herne the Hunter and Lady Marions in my life!

The Poison Glen Ms Brennan - the Poison Glen!!!!

And I've also noticed how the Person who allegedly wrote the Songs for the Group I was in in 1994-5 looked very similar to Mordred in Lisa Alexanders "Mists of Avalon". What is she trying to say? If the Hippies screw up this is what happens? So what was wrong with Acolon of North Wales then Vivianne?

Also - in Braveheart (1995) - with Actor and Producer Mel GIBSON - there's a Reference to 'Prima Nochta!' Hmm - think I know what he could be referring to there!

Aren't any Roads in the Scottish Highlands Andy!

I sometimes think that if that Record Boss was descended from Scottish Nobles his Ancestor would be someone who just dropped in for Dinner!

Will Scarlett or Mysterons - hmmm!!!!!

The forces of Light and Dark - Gandalf in Rivendell ............. or Saruman in Isengard!

Last edited by lighthouse; 28-Dec-2009 at 04:26 PM..

28-Dec-2009, 04:09 PM #107
And while the Media People here gripe and grumble about how the Internet is somehow killing the conventional Media I'd say that it's nothing to do with the Internet and everything to do with them not using it!

I very much look forward to my next Conversation with the Media Trades Unionist!

Last edited by lighthouse; 28-Dec-2009 at 08:47 PM..
katonca has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 13,657 posts.

29-Dec-2009, 12:29 AM #108
I think this scene from Pee Wee's Big Adventure sums it up pretty well

29-Dec-2009, 03:16 PM #109

Merry Men "The Bishops 30 against our 7?"

Marian "8" (including herself)

Gannis to Arthur "Your 7 against 200?"

Gwynhafar "8 - you could use another Bow!"

So why have the last 24 Years been so crap here for some of us?

We're giving them the World Mr Bruckheimer and they're acting like Fascists............Nazis even!!

Last edited by lighthouse; 29-Dec-2009 at 03:29 PM..

29-Dec-2009, 04:39 PM #110
Also, Robin of Sherwood wasn't just influential with Production Style, a few Actors becoming famous, and Scriptual Content it represented an Ideal - something not dis-similar to what you might see at the the Glastonbury Festival or other Alternative Gatherings....................but here - they might as well be a Bunch of Yuppies for their Attitude and Cynicism.

Several HTV Productions were done in conjunction with Goldcrest Films - the People who made the 1981 Film that starts with that famous College Dash!

29-Dec-2009, 07:24 PM #111
So when Liam drawls "You gotta make it happen" in 1994 - that's exactly what we did do - but to see what happened to some of us watch "Land and Freedom" from 1995 - and when the Militia gets shot in the Back at the Behest of Stalin.

This is why I don't like Yippies or posh Hippies very much!

We made it happen Noel but we weren't allowed to be a part of it!

What are the slimy posh Hippies in the now totally corrupted Media afraid of if they talk to Lighthouse huh? Getting a socially transmitted disease?

Stop being such cliquist NAZIS or maybe the 4 Horsemen will come and getcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they ought to watch the Bruckheimer Film very very closely too - because it seems that he and other - now influential - Film Makers have been doing their Research properly and far less erroneously or greedily than they have. As they start to find out the Truth about those 24 Years those 4 Horsemen might be supported by the Magnificent 7!!!!

.............................And thanks to Robert Earl of Huntingdon you don't get your hand cut off for hunting Deer these days either!

A Remake or Re-release of a certain Film about the Vietnam War anyone?

And all this because People don't have the Decency to reply to Email!

I'm just about to watch Excalibur!

Last edited by lighthouse; 29-Dec-2009 at 08:45 PM..

30-Dec-2009, 05:05 PM #112
Currently watching "Land and Freedom" and everything I said has been supported by the Documentary with Ken Loach and some of the People in it!

Yeah I'll go to Bristol - just like before - to that Community Arts centre - just like before - that Cafe - just like before - and no one is turning up - just like before.

Are Mel Gibson and Ken Loach right??????

So who's the Longshanks/Stalin of this Story then?

Last edited by lighthouse; 30-Dec-2009 at 05:12 PM..

30-Dec-2009, 05:39 PM #113
Oh - and him on Radio Bristol in the Evenings is the Back Shooter from 93 who probably knows the Goblin with the Saxaphone - and get a load of his juxtapositional Surname! The BBC eh - the kiss of Death to everything - as well as Hippies of course!
Computer Specs
Member with 32,634 posts.

30-Dec-2009, 05:45 PM #114
Amother LH thread lol

30-Dec-2009, 07:44 PM #115
Plenty to write about though Donna..........

Maybe Mr Loach is right - that the 'Long expected Party' and 'Council of Elrond' are now rotten - have been for Years - more Mulch than Much these days!

Maybe Richard Adams was right too - when he wrote about Cowsilps Warren rather than James Warren!

I'd rather have had Agrivane (re Robin of Sherwood) than Agravation or just Vain!

The Hippie here killed it - all of it!

But then they're rotten as well!

Last edited by lighthouse; 30-Dec-2009 at 07:51 PM..

30-Dec-2009, 09:53 PM #116
Do you know that one of my last Radio Programmes in 93 was about something called the Bristol Spine Road Project! One day someone is going to remove their Head from their Rectum and tell me what exactly was going on in 1993-4. Until then I'll be watching the Robin of Sherwood Edition called "Cromm Cruach" and listening to the "Poison Glen" by Clannad!

30-Dec-2009, 11:26 PM #117
HTV became United Media for a while and is now ITV West - which does News Current Affairs and Sport - and nothing else. Minimal Employment - even less Scope for Creativity. It's rumoured that it won't even be that soon and relocate to Southampton! It's Community Festival went bust about 4 Years ago so Bristols Hippie Economy is dying the proverbial Death while the Beeb in Bristol diminishes from being where 1200 worked at the start of the 90s to something like 650.

One day - when all those Yippies are out of work and find out what it's like to have been me for Years - we''ll compare notes!

31-Dec-2009, 04:48 AM #118
All of this was only possible because of Contacts and Negotiations by our Man in the 60s - not 90s Geoffrey Big Chin, the Cross Dresser from Knowle or the Goblin. HTV could make lavish TV because they were funded to do so by the Film Companies they worked with, so those Trip Hop Groups or the Goblin would have to sell a lot of Records or put in a lot of busker Time to even come close to that - to employ that amount of People and create something that would perpetuate for nearly 30 Years.

We gave them the World Mr Bruckheimer and they acted like Nazis - and now their City becomes a Creative Economics Ghost Town!

They look for a Hero - well don't look at me - I've got no enthusiasm for it anymore - it's full of Chavs these days - and I spent too long in the Gulag!

So the next time you watch yer Lord of the Rings DVD Gimli wasn't always Gimli - while Ray Winstone wasn't always Bors!

Last edited by lighthouse; 31-Dec-2009 at 05:16 AM..

31-Dec-2009, 11:46 PM #119
There could come a time when those oltra-conservative Yippies are intercepted at the Pass so to speak! Considering the Damage their ultra-conservatism does - not just to some lives of those unfortuntes who live in their rotten Borough - but also to the Creative Economy!

I tried - but no avail - when I sent an Email to one of them 2 Years ago!

Last edited by lighthouse; 31-Dec-2009 at 11:53 PM..

01-Jan-2010, 12:35 AM #120
But that just disappeared into their hateful ultra-conservative Monolith - like everything did 20 Years ago - and I get Media Trades Unionists gripeing to me about the decline in their Industry and the subsequent unemployment!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!