Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Random Discussion Random Discussion
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Movie Quotes or Scenes relevant to you.

(!)

Member with 10,880 posts.

01-Jan-2010, 05:26 PM #121
Oh and there's also the Demise of the Western Daily Press too!

Oh dear - Bristols Creative Economy really is imploding isn't it - but then look how they treated some of us for Years!

01-Jan-2010, 05:45 PM #122
And they want me to deliver Newspapers! Here's the 'Middle' Finger - now swivvle!

One Film I certainly didn't watch this Christmas was "The Wizard of Oz" - eh Geof!

02-Jan-2010, 04:18 AM #123
Travelling to Bristol to work on an HTV Production is rather more viable than having to go to New Zealand for "Lord of the Rings" or something!

Go on Geof etc - tell your City why there aren't any genuine Creative Economics Opportunities!

The BBC isn't an option - as that 1200 diminished to about 650 their Bristol Site is a 15 Million bit of Real Estate that will probably become a prestgious Hotel!

Last edited by lighthouse; 02-Jan-2010 at 04:41 AM..

02-Jan-2010, 04:50 AM #124
And I got turned into an outcast during those greedy Yippie 90s!

Ah well - there's always Natalie Imbruglia eh!!!!

02-Jan-2010, 05:10 AM #125
Being an Outcast imbues me with an Objectivity that none of those others will have - and I'm not trying to sell you anything either!

How do think I feel these days when some male appendage tells me to "get a Job?" It's a dead industry and they killed it!

Don't knife someone and hate them for bleeding!

"To kill a dead man!" - hmmm - so what's that all about then..............................Alfie?

Last edited by lighthouse; 02-Jan-2010 at 05:27 AM..

02-Jan-2010, 05:44 AM #126
All I know about it all is this - this Area is given a superb Industry Opportunity in 1968 - Years later I helped represent all sorts of People in a Human Rights Campaign. 11 Years after that and we have the 'Coincidence' of 9/11. This Area is an intrigued Nightmare that could stifle the life out of anything - including a TV Station probably!

It's like a bad Joke!

02-Jan-2010, 06:30 AM #127
"I've often thought about what going home will mean after all this - what will I do? It's different for Galahad - I have been in this Life longer than any other - so much for home - it's not so clear in my Memory!" Gawain in Bruckheimers King Arthur!

02-Jan-2010, 07:16 AM #128
If the Battle of Helms Deep had been in a more modern Context..................

Legolas to Aragorn..................

"You look terrible!"

Aragorn; "Yeah - and what do you expect huh - Gucci and Rolex?"

02-Jan-2010, 07:23 AM #129
Even the Beeb has a similar Theme in the first Episode of their Interpretation of Robin Hood!

02-Jan-2010, 08:56 AM #130
Shame really - that the Decency of "Chariots of Fire" wasn't continued into the rest of the Decade - and got horribly slaughtered in the next!

02-Jan-2010, 10:24 AM #131
"You look for a Hero - well don't look at me" - Jake Burns 1979,

"Too many Johnnys" - Bob Marley (some time in the 1970s)

And even if I WAS - there is no home to march back to - even if it is along a High Street!

"They were just Rock and Rollers - with one Foot in the Grave. They were looking for a way home. I'd been there - and it didn't exist any more!" Captain Willard (Apocalypse Now)

Last edited by lighthouse; 02-Jan-2010 at 10:33 AM..

02-Jan-2010, 10:53 AM #132
And too many greedy Yippies with their Snouts in the Trough! Oh yeah - it's a dirty rough tough trade alright!

"Step to me" eh Girls - and what's that all about then?

02-Jan-2010, 11:09 AM #133
You want to see how to do Media? Watch the Documentary that you get with Robin of Sherwood - that's a Bunch of People who really wanted to work on that Show because it's enjoyable - not a sort of Creative Economics Serfdom which is how I was made to feel - and would feel now!

That horrible dirge by the biggest selling Group of the wretched 90s sums up the Decade with all it's awful designer Attitude and that's what killed it!

If that Industry can't do anything or communicate with People without all that Pills Thrills and Gut Rot - a Noseful of Powder Belly full of Lager - or beating someone up in a 2009 High Street these days that is a dead Industry - more Sherriff of Nottingham than the Men and Woman of Sherwood!

From Gizmo to Stripe!

Last edited by lighthouse; 02-Jan-2010 at 11:22 AM..

03-Jan-2010, 05:58 PM #134
In 1977 Hawkwind became Hawklords for one Album.............

On that Album Bob Calvert wrote and sung a Song called "Spirit of the Age"

Here are some of the Lyrics.......

"Being a Clone I am not alone - every Fibre of my Flesh and Bone is identical to the others. Even this Doggerell that flows from my Pen was already written by another 20 telepathic Men"

There's more...............

"Oh for the Wings of any Bird other than a Battery Hen"

Then in 1981 we get the Film Bladerunner.....................with the Replicants - one in particular.

A few Years later we then have Highlander - and the 2 Women in that.

Then there's our Project - and as if to emphasise the Point I start meeting Look-a-likes of certain People.

In the 90s a huge Palalva was made when Scientists cloned Dolly the Sheep (and there's also Dolly Parton and Dolly from Emerdale) while we get Groups like the 60ft Dolls and more recently - the ***** Cat Dolls. But in 2002 Girls Aloud make references to 'Dirty Sheep' in their Song "No good Advice"

There's a lot of other things going on with this too - like when I find out what someones middle name is - and all of a sudden many things start to make sense. It also explains why for years I felt really grotty - but didn't know why!

In different Circumstances those People this refers to would probably have been quite lovely People - but this makes it all horrible - twisted and perverse even - and certainly not very natural or particularly normal. It's worse than contrived and like something by Mary Shelley!

Last edited by lighthouse; 03-Jan-2010 at 06:12 PM..

05-Jan-2010, 04:01 AM #135
My favourite Edition of Robin of Sherwood is the one called "The Inheritance". In this Agrivaine - and ageing Descendant of the Avalonian and thus Arthurian Line - forsees his own Death and sends his only Daughter - Isadora - to Sherwood to enlist Robins help. A marauding Bunch of Crooks are heading towards Agrivaines Castle - Caerleon (I'll elaborate) to plunder it of a priceless Treasure the Kings treacherous former Steward has promised them. Agrivaine is Robin/Roberts Godfather and a friend of his Father - the Earl of Huntingdon - so wants to name him as a defacto Successor to the Bloodline of 7 Centuries in the absence of a male Heir! All of this is put in jeaopardy by Mortimer - the former Steward - and the Bandits, but when they get to the Castle all they find are the decaying remnants of a once awesome Court. What they don't see is a rather evocative piece of Furniture - immortalised in Legend for Centuries - which is the priceless Treasure and Manifestation of the Bloodline.

Mortimer is a Traitor - rather like the Traitor in the Bruckheimer Film Tristan finally despatches with a brilliant Arrow Shot - and there's the Reference to "Friend of my Father" - Arthur makes to Bishop Germanus.

Caerleon on Usk has been one of the Sites many have attributed to Camelot!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!