Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Optional: Share your first name!

(!)

TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,773 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jul-2012, 03:08 PM #1
Optional: Share your first name!
When I address another user in the community, it's sometimes nice to refer to them by their real first name (Mike) rather than just a username (TechGuy). We sometimes do this already, especially with long-time members. Unfortunately, it can cause confusion, particularly for new users who don't know that my name is Mike. It's also troublesome for those who are bad at remembering names (like me!!!).

As a result, we've just added the OPTION to include your real first name next to your username. I want to stress that this is completely optional. You do not need to share your first name if you don't want to -- I'm not even going to include it during the registration process because I don't want to scare people off. If you feel comfortable sharing your first name, and especially if you already have, feel free to click on My Account at the top of the page (next to the Tech Support Guy logo) and then click the first link on the left, "Edit Your Details." From there, you can enter (or remove) your first name.

Please use this new feature for what it was intended. I really don't want to see it used for jokes, other comments, etc. It is meant to help us get to know one-another better, by name, and to help alleviate any confusion caused by addressing people by their real name.

Thanks for using TSG!!
-Mike (<-- that's me)
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,522 posts.

27-Jul-2012, 03:18 PM #2
Nice idea, i have seen this on some of the photographic forums , adds a nice touch

mine added , i hope
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!