Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Site Comments & Suggestions Site Comments & Suggestions
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Tablet Category

(!)

Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

28-Nov-2011, 07:50 PM #1
Tablet Category
Perhaps it's time Tech Support Guy should consider a separate category for tablets. I've seen threads in Other, Hardware, Phones, etc. With the new crop of tablets from Barnes & Noble and Amazon, I think it makes sense.
Moderator with 63,296 posts.

28-Nov-2011, 08:56 PM #2
seconded and carried.
TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,682 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-Nov-2011, 09:07 PM #3
There has been some talk among the Moderators of reworking a few of the forums, including better separation among mobile devices. Perhaps a Mobile category with separate forums for iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets, Microsoft phones, etc?

Changing forums around has always been a touchy subject and overwhelming new users with too many options is a danger, but I think the mobile area is growing enough to make it a requirement in this case.

Now I'm really opening a can of worms...
Moderator with 63,296 posts.

28-Nov-2011, 09:11 PM #4
nah........

I'm actually getting an Android shortly (before the end of the year, still working to see if work will spring for part of it). I plan on getting the Evo 4g, as I believe it has several VPN apps that I am looking to test out and see how secure they are. BUT....I am not a 'phone' kind of guy. I like the computers, and to a lesser extent, the lappers. I guess I like crawling under the hood, and it's a pain with the lappers, and will be even more so with the phones, but as I'm significantly behind the curve now, I think I should probably begin to try catching up.

In short, a mobile category with sub-forums for tablet and smart phones, IMO, should be enough.

I don't see any reason to delineate between OS's yet on the mobile things......maybe in a few years, see if this wave crests or not.

"Ask Bill why the string in function 9 is terminated by a dollar sign. Ask him, because he can't answer. Only I know that". - Gary Kildall
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,992 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Nov-2011, 05:30 PM #5
I to would like to see something of this, as I have submitted to Santa that I would like to have a Kindle Fire, and I saw that a Amazon package arrive shortly after the shipping date of it [evilgrin]
Computer Specs
Member with 3,261 posts.

04-Dec-2011, 11:39 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
...sub-forums...
A perfect solution. If that's possible with this board's software.

Hope you folks can do it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!