Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Site Comments & Suggestions Site Comments & Suggestions
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Thread-starting posts requiring moves.

(!)

Computer Specs
Gone but always remembered with 1,049 posts.

Experience: Windows Millennium only
17-Sep-2007, 04:17 PM #1
Thread-starting posts requiring moves.
These comments are aimed at making a contribution to the concerns and ideas expressed in two other recent threads in this forum. They are:

Stoner's "Tips and Tricks Forum".Here.

JohnWill's "Thread moves". Here.

Quote:
HELLO AND WELCOME! Before you can post your question, you'll have to register -- it's completely free! If you just want to browse through the existing questions, click on a topic from the selection below. Otherwise, click here to register! We highly recommend that you print a copy of our Guide for New Members Enjoy!

These forum's universal header (above) may be responsible for the many posts which end-up having to be moved - predominantly from within these forums: "Reviews" and "Tech Tricks and Tricks".

For a newcomer to TSG (and it may well be significantly newcomers who are responsible) the header in question refers to posting questions or browsing through existing questions - which probably has the effect of reassuring a bewildered newcomer that their question may be placed 'here' and easily (after registration) by clicking the handy "New Thread" button.

I request that our fun-loving members refrain from posting until the thread has had meaningful responses.

Ben.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

17-Sep-2007, 05:34 PM #2
It may have been you that posted the original question about all the "moved" links. I saw the expiring ones on another board, and thought that would be an elegant solution that wouldn't require any more work from the mods. That's always an idea that I can get behind!
Gone but always remembered with 1,049 posts.

Experience: Windows Millennium only
17-Sep-2007, 07:15 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWill
It may have been you that posted the original question about all the "moved" links. I saw the expiring ones on another board, and thought that would be an elegant solution that wouldn't require any more work from the mods. That's always an idea that I can get behind!
Hello John,

I may have made a post but it would have been moons ago.

I like your idea very much but wanted to leave your thread 'virgin' so to speak. And of course anything TechGuy can do to free-up the Mods from the trivial is desirable.

In Stoner's thread was a further exploration of renaming forums and I added my thoughts on it too. In this thread I had the idea of the newcomers perhaps being misled by the Hello and Welcome header but I also recognise (I think) the difficulty of having a special header for the Miscellaneous group.

Good to have your post, John, and I guess this thread is open to the 'funning' members with both blessings and slight curses on their creative hearts and heads - from...

Ben.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!