Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Access 2010 data collection feature

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

28-May-2012, 10:27 PM #1
Smile Access 2010 data collection feature
Hi everyone,

I am trying to put together a prototype for demonstrating the Access 2010 data collection feature integrated with Outlook. So I created a simple table with an email address field in it, then used the "Create Email" feature under data collection in Access, went through the wizard and all works fine, I get the email with the data entry form, I do a reply and the data in Access get updated just fine. Now to the part that is now working, I have an data macro "On Update" which is simple and will send back a conformation email, when I fire this macro by updating the table data (row) manually the macro works and sends the email, but when the data gets updated from the reply email explained above the macro does nor work, I checked the log file and found an error "The 'SendEmail' action failed because the current database is not trusted.". I Googled this error and followed the suggested solution by creating a folder, add it to trusted locations, move my DB to that folder, I still get the same error.

Please help

Thanks
Member with 131 posts.

Experience: Advanced
28-May-2012, 10:58 PM #2
You might try making sure the trusted location allows network trusted and allows subfolders trusted, hopefully that will solve your problem.
Member with 2 posts.

28-May-2012, 11:36 PM #3
Thanks for the response. I already tried that but no luck. I have a feeling that this "Trusted Location" error is not the actual error as often is the case with some MS errors. I also tried to move the Trusted location under "My Documents" as suggested by another forum, no luck there either, seems like something simple but yet driving me nuts ...
OBP OBP is offline OBP is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 18,615 posts.

30-May-2012, 01:52 PM #4
What currently starts the macro?
The fact that it works when you manually run it suggests it is as you say not the correct error to tell you what is going on.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
access 2010, data collection, email access 2010, update macro

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!