Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Gatekeeper:P

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

03-Jul-2012, 01:46 PM #1
Gatekeeper:P
Title is because my first programs name was gatekeeper:P

Anyway guys im 15 and running out of stuff to write aswell as code to use.
i write batch files to mess with my friends mostly , compile them and edit the icons, devs and description so it looks nyce to:P

My latest program just copies the shutdown -s command into your startup. Anyone intressted?? Ill post the code later but its pretty basic.

Anyway any new batch codes and or programs i could try writeing would be nice
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Jul-2012, 01:39 PM #2
It's time to move to a programming language guess
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,270 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Jul-2012, 06:10 AM #3
I should say straight out that we cannot support anything malevolent on this forum. I appreciate the value of a good practical joke, but there's simply too fine a line between a harmless prank and a full blown virus that is very hard to get rid of. If you're planning to go down a road that involves breaking things, we won't help. I'd also ask that you don't post your shutdown code; we all know how to pull it off but it's just one of those don't do's. In particular, you wouldn't want someone getting hold of your code without fully understanding it, and not having the expertise to remove it afterwards.

On the other hand, if you're eager to jump into something more creative I say go for it. Writing games can be fun of course (once you get a little bit of experience, you should be well able to set your sights on a computerized board game or something like space invaders). Slightly more serious projects that I've done include an encryption program and a computerized diary, though those are a bit more recent. Obviously these are just my ideas, feel free to make up your own.
What language you choose is entirely up to you. Let us know where you plan on heading and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
batch cmd

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!