Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Invitation to a programming group in FaceBook

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

Experience: Advanced
18-Aug-2012, 06:06 AM #1
Invitation to a programming group in FaceBook
Dear all,

If you are interested in joining a group of programmers, which is dedicated to create software together, We would like to have you in our facebook group. The group name is "League of Programmers" and the complete group description is below.

Quote:
What is "League of Programmers" ?

This is a group of programmers, actually, REAL PROGRAMMERS that who code for real. This group contains programmers from different countries and cultures with different experience and knowledge.

What we do?

1. We create programs together, free and non free software (for business organizations), under one name "League of Programmers".

2. We help each other to learn good programming practices and tactics.

3. We help you to take your name to the world as a programmer, and show to the whole world what you can do.

What are the requirements to join this group?

1. You MUST know how to program for real. If you know only theories and very little programming, this group is not for you.

2. We are very much glad to have full time students who do/done degrees or diplomas related to computer science.

3. Age limit is not a problem. But, we will maintain the majority below 25 years (read "why this group is created" for the reason). People above that age must be professionals and have industry experience and willing to help other students to code according to "Industry standards". They can act as Advisors, Software Architectures, and much more.

4. It is a great pleasure if you have sound knowledge of UML (class diagrams, sequence diagrams)

5. You must know how to behave inside a team.

6. You must understand there are people from different countries, cultures and believing, and you must respect to them.

7. All the Java and C++ members must know how to program from the scratch, including the GUI - without drag and drop technique using the IDE (not mandatory for .NET)

8. If you have no degree/no diploma, but can code like nothing, you are welcome too.

9. You must respect each others ideas, specially in programming when you are working as a team member in an ongoing program.

10. You must have sufficient time to spend on creating a program.

11. Any of the above rule will not be applied if you are INVITED by the admins.

12. You must understand and agree that the rules and regulations are created by admins and they can change them at any time too.

13. Finally (and again) even you have all the above requirements but very little programming, this group is not for you.

Why this group is created?

Mainly, this group is created for full time computer students to gain experience, which they can show when they are applying for an jobs as a "Software Engineer", "Software Developer" etc.

Apart from that, this is group is created to make a good community of REAL PROGRAMMERS among thousands of programmers who only know the theories.

If any of our admins accept your application, please post on the group wall including the details "why I am suitable for this group". Tell us bit of your personal information too,because this is a friendly community.
I have posted the link to the group in "TSG FACEBOOK PAGE"
(have a look at "Recent Posts by Others on Tech Support Guy" section at the right side of the page)
, so if you have an FB account and if you are interested, apply for the group. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Note: This thread is created with the official permission of the administrator "LauraMJ" as mentioned here

Last edited by sepala; 18-Aug-2012 at 10:49 AM..
allnodcoms   (Danny) allnodcoms is offline allnodcoms has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 611 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:30 AM #2
Over 25 mate...

Danny
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:52 AM #3
@Danny: I will make you an invited person. So you will be able to skip those rules. . I have seen your posts in TSG so I have no doubt about you. If you have enough industry experience, I can make you an advisor in our group who advise others "how to write software according to industry standards". Please read the PM.

If any of you people like, but have issues, please let me know. I will see what I can do
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:56 AM #4
Note: If you have interest about the group but above 25 years, and specially if you have industry experience, please let us know! We can't learn industry standards without the help of the seniors!!
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 09:59 AM #5
If you want to have experienced programmers to be part of the group, you shouldn't have a rule that prohibits anyone over the age of 25 from joining.

Tossing all rules out the window for people you invite doesn't help your group's credibility.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 10:42 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
If you want to have experienced programmers to be part of the group, you shouldn't have a rule that prohibits anyone over the age of 25 from joining.

Tossing all rules out the window for people you invite doesn't help your group's credibility.
Good point. That rule will be edited right now.
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 10:50 AM #7
Rules has been edited
Computer Specs
Member with 4,038 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 11:54 AM #8
If any of you want me to PM the link, let me know
Account Disabled with 6 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Aug-2012, 03:10 PM #9
deleted as member banned.

Last edited by valis; 20-Aug-2012 at 03:36 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!