Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Server error when trying to publish

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

07-Aug-2003, 11:59 PM #1
Server error when trying to publish
I am getting an error when I try to publish my site. I have never seen it before or ever had a problem with it. It tells me that it can not rename a file which is always a temp file and always a picture. I take that back, it is not always a picture, now it is a whole page, which I have not made ANY changes to since I last published it.If I delete the picture or the page from my site, it will just pick up the next picture or page in line and then give me the same error with that pic. When I publish it from the file menu and see the folders being updated and published, it says that there is a conflict with certain pages or pictures....what does that mean? I am so confused, and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help.

Here is what the error looks like....

Server error: cannot rename ".our recommendations.htm.tmp"

I would much appreciate any help!!!! Cuz now I am stuck, I can' t do anything with it.

Amy
Rockn Rockn is offline   Rockn has a birthday soon!
Computer Specs
Member with 21,189 posts.

Experience: Disenfranchised American
08-Aug-2003, 02:02 PM #2
On your PC where you edit the pages have you changed the location or directory structure of the web site in any way? Sounds like FP is having a problem with it's local list of cached files.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

13-Aug-2003, 02:21 PM #3
i don't think that I have. I have added pages on but I have not changes the structure. I really haven't even removed anything, just added stuff. I first noticed a problem when I added a photo gallery. When someone would click on the pic to enlarge it, it was bringing up different pictures. I never did figure out what the problem was there, I just left it.

The only problem that I found that I fixed, was for some reason, the hit counter was causing a ton of issues. I removed it, and it removed the conflict and said that the idex file was now up-to-date. I even tried to start the whole website all over again and it wouldn't work on that address. But if I published it to a different address, it now works fine.

Still dumbfounded!!!

Amy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!