Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

VB6-Datagrid/Adodc Data Binding Error

(!)

Senior Member with 2,016 posts.

25-Feb-2004, 12:52 AM #1
Unhappy VB6-Datagrid/Adodc Data Binding Error
Okay, need a VB expert here:

I have a small form with 1 datagrid and 1 adodc on it. Adodc is connected via Jet 4 to an Access dbase (Soccer.mdb) with recordsource as a SQL stmt (SELECT * from Teams). The datagrid datasource is the adodc.

Everything works fine in development environment; but when I create an executable and move it to a "clean" machine, it fails with the error "Cannot initialize data bindings".

I have registered the following on the clean machine:

msadodc.ocx
msdatagrd.ocx
msbind.dll
mscomct2.dll

This got rid of a couple of errors but not this last one. I've tried a small test .exe with no filters or sql parameters, and I still get the error.

I suspect I am missing an ocx/dll on the clean machine...anyone want to take a stab at this?

MBN

25-Feb-2004, 02:35 AM #2
Been working on this problem for a few hours...since posting...hours more before that...

Found out what the issue was:

needed msstdfmt.dll

Now all is right with the world... I can go to bed now....!

MBN
Senior Member with 2,281 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Feb-2004, 12:49 AM #3
Yes you can go to bed peacefully now. But now you have some more knowledge and capacity to help someone with a similar problem in the future .

All the best.

26-Feb-2004, 01:14 AM #4
Well, the rest of the app uses adodb all coded in the class (my intention is to eventually split the front end away from the connectivity and use a .dll)....this is the only part that uses the adodc, not happy with it and will now try to code it through the class.

I am a bit stumped because the datagrid populates off the recordset, so I have to figure out how to connect via the class, collect the recordset,and return it to the subroutine...hmmm, gave me some ideas already..... up to now I've been returning collections, maybe we try to return the recordset...hmmmmm....

MBN
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!