Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

vb help

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Oct-2005, 06:54 PM #1
vb help
hi all,
i am new to vb.i am trying to build a dail up networking dialer for my isp in vb 6.here is what i want- the main form should have user name and pass entry field and a combo box to choose a fixed number of phone no. with just connect and disconnect button.i have created a dialer using windows conenction manager but it had very few custom options for example adding more buttons or diffrent user interface like flash,i tried using tapi but it looked very dumb and seemed very old,non flexible.i tried to work with mscomm but could find anyway to do it.can anyone plz help me wher and what shouild i start with to create a total custom vb dialer
Senior Member with 158 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Nov-2005, 11:52 PM #2
Why? I can't think of any reason you'd WANT to do this....

As far as I know, there's no way to do this. But I haven't had much experience with dialing up through VB...

And this is far from a beginner's app...

Sorry I couldn't help, but I personally hate it when nobody answers and would rather have someone respond with an 'I don't know' than nothing, so that's what I'm giving you.

-JBotAlan
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Nov-2005, 08:49 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBotAlan
Why? I can't think of any reason you'd WANT to do this....

As far as I know, there's no way to do this. But I haven't had much experience with dialing up through VB...

And this is far from a beginner's app...

Sorry I couldn't help, but I personally hate it when nobody answers and would rather have someone respond with an 'I don't know' than nothing, so that's what I'm giving you.

-JBotAlan
thanks JBotAlan for ur reply.i am trying to build this app as for branding purpose of my isp.many isp these days provide there own dailer which the user can use instaed of going through common windows dialup network conenction procedure which they dont want to be concerned about.all they need is a simple and single interface for connecting to their isp.another thing is that i wanted my phon no. to be fixed as in common isp dialer u can use one to dial some other isp.i have seen isp's creating dialer of just as i stated but i am not sure if they did in vb..i hope u would understand my reason for creating such an app and again thanks for ur time on replying.
-unholypinika
Senior Member with 158 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Nov-2005, 05:22 PM #4
I don't want to leave you hanging, but I have no idea how to do this, and no time to find out. Sorry.

JBotAlan
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!