Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Software Development Software Development
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

new to flash and having trouble

(!)

Senior Member with 637 posts.

27-Sep-2001, 01:16 PM #1
new to flash and having trouble
I'm trying to create my own flash buttons. I have read a tutorial about it and can get the button created, get the 4 frames defined and set. However once I go back to my scene the button does nothing. I must be missing something here. I tried to include the file but it won't let me. Any ideas...once I drag the button in from the library what else do I have to do to it. I have exported it as a .swf. Do I need to include more frames in the main scene? It's only one frame with the button in it.

Thanks
Member with 341 posts.

27-Sep-2001, 03:07 PM #2
When you say the buttons do nothing, can you be more specific. Is this when you go back to the scene?

If so you may need to enable the buttons in the Control menu, this will let you see how the look when they are pushed.

If you are talking about adding the actions to the buttons this is in the Modify, Instance panel. Click on the edit actions button here.

I am pretty new as well to Flash.

27-Sep-2001, 06:03 PM #3
yes, it is only when O go back to the scene that I get nothing. In the edit panel I have 4 frames and I can play the movie. It's in the scene where I have one from that I get nothing. The button look like it does in the first frame and clicking on it provides no action. It never progresses through the defines changes.
Member with 341 posts.

28-Sep-2001, 10:01 AM #4
To test the buttons you need to enable the buttons in the Control menu, this will let you see how the look when they are pushed.

Go to the Control in the toolbar, inside here you will have the option to Enable Simple Buttons. When you go back to your movie and click the button it will respond with what you had done in the editing section.

28-Sep-2001, 11:20 AM #5
ok that worked in the scene design screen laid out on the grid. Still no luck in the movie preview or if I export the movie to a file. I must be missing something simple here.
Member with 341 posts.

01-Oct-2001, 09:06 AM #6
When you go to test the movie, do the buttons respond to being pushed? If so then you may need to only assign an action to it. This is in the Modify menu, then Instance.

03-Oct-2001, 09:18 PM #7
I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I managed to get it to work on a new file. I guess sometimes you just need to start from scratch and try again. Thanks for your help.
Member with 341 posts.

04-Oct-2001, 08:55 AM #8
You are welcome. Flash is pretty new to me as well. I have enjoyed making a couple of projects recently and am still learning something new daily.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!