Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech-Related News Tech-Related News
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

USB Power Delivery spec upped to 100W, aims to make proprietary power connectors obso

(!)

TSG Facebook/Twitter/Social Media with 257 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Jul-2012, 04:06 AM #1
Post USB Power Delivery spec upped to 100W, aims to make proprietary power connectors obso
The battle between Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 has only recently begun in earnest, what with mobo's finally emerging to give non-Mac computers access to the 10Gbps interface.

More
TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,744 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Jul-2012, 12:39 AM #2
I love the idea of using USB to charge whatever I want... phone, tablet, and now my notebook computer? Sounds like a great idea to me. They're truly putting the Universal in USB.
Computer Specs
Member with 7,800 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 07:31 PM #3
Not sure I can see a battle here. With the price of Thunderbolt and the wide availability of USB, especially when it is backwards compatible with everything I have bought for the last 15 years or so... Thunderbolt will probably be the next Firewire. Popular on Macs and Sony, and everyone else uses the more universal Universal Serial Bus
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!