Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cool Site

(!)

Member with 35,238 posts.

24-Apr-2012, 10:11 AM #1
Cool Site
Member with 35,238 posts.

25-Apr-2012, 01:26 PM #2
Google Drive launches, offering 5GB of free cloud storage
bizziebill bizziebill is offline bizziebill has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 176 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Apr-2012, 12:21 PM #3
How safe is it to store on-line? Do they have access to your items you store to do with as they wish??
A bit at ease doing this.
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is offline DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,864 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Apr-2012, 03:02 AM #4
I am of the opinion (personal of course) that al this cloud stuff should NEVER be used for anything that you need secure. That includes leaks of data and loss of data, for any reason.
Lets face it would you put your cash in a stranger's safe?? where they only let you borrow the key to access it.

It is a disaster waiting to happen. The computer industry went through a similar phase last century with the push for distributed processing before the technology was really up to it. That was a disaster.
How much of a disaster (technically speaking) has the push for outsourcing been? Yes it keeps the accountants happy, but I haven't heard a good word said about the service.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
27-Apr-2012, 04:43 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizziebill View Post
How safe is it to store on-line? Do they have access to your items you store to do with as they wish??
Remember what Google's business model is. They sell ads. That is why you agreed to let them mine data from your machine and allowed them to scan your emails and Google docs for data that they can use to sell you things whenever you use their software. Everything that they give away for "free" makes them money. You are the product that they actually sell.
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-May-2012, 02:29 AM #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizziebill View Post
Google is using https protocol, which uses SSL certificate protection, this is why you can be sure that all your personal data will be transferred with secure connection.
Sure, they can easily access your data, which will be located at their servers, but I'm sure, that will be illegal. Just read their terms and conditions.
DaveBurnett   (Dave) DaveBurnett is offline DaveBurnett is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. DaveBurnett has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,864 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-May-2012, 06:01 AM #7
SSL was cracked very shortly after it became popular.
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
24-Jul-2012, 11:09 AM #8
I believe Google Drive is safe enough to keep my documents there... Not long ago I broke my computer and Google Drive helped me save all the necessary information!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!