Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

It guy hacker

(!)

Member with 0 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Jul-2012, 10:36 PM #1
It guy hacker
I have my own business and a spouse to an employee set up our computers. When we first turn on our computers there is a place for employees to log in and a place for the IT guy to put his password in...problem is his spouse, one of my employees has been given her husbands access to our computers and she likes to go in our computers and change data and then sits back and laughs behind our backs while we have to fix it all. I want to remove the IT guys log in password area, also want to delete him from being the IT guy and change all passwords so he or his wife can't go on our computers again. Am also concerned because one day another employee said she couldnt remember her password to log on her computer and IT guy said not to worry because he could get into any computer he wanted and find every password ever used on that computer..so I am worried that even if I delete his info he will still be able to log onto our computers after hours and get right back in after finding all the employees passowrds....HELP ME FAST!!!!! We also think he has been bringing an external hard drive to the business after hours and taking all our info back home with him. This is possible, right. We also know they have been following us at home via logmein...HELP
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 11:16 PM #2
It may be too late to do much about it now. The only way any computer can be protected is by restriction of access. So long as he can get to that machine, any IT guy should find passwords a minor hurdle to accessing a machine. I never even ask for customers' passwords when they bring a machine for repair.

Fire him and his wife and start from scratch with security. Be careful who you let in next time.

(By the way, a "hacker" is not by definition a bad guy. A hacker is a guy who gets down into the guts of the machine or code. There are good hackers and bad hackers.)
Member with 0 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Jul-2012, 11:27 PM #3
Thank you Elvandil. Sorry about the double post. I see you are a moderator. Can you please remove the other post? Thanks
Computer Specs
Member with 51,993 posts.

29-Jul-2012, 06:59 AM #4
It's been closed, but thanks for your concern.

What did you decide to do, or try in order to clean up this mess?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!