Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Sumo Omni Beanbag

(!)

TechGuy   (Mike) TechGuy is offline TechGuy has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Administrator with 12,593 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Jul-2012, 11:26 PM #1
Sumo Omni Beanbag
Ah, yes. It seems I'm becoming quite the beanbag connoisseur. Almost two years ago, I wrote about the Sumo Sway Bean Bag Chair. If you missed it, be sure to go back and check it out. Even if you don't care about the beanbag, you may enjoy seeing Heather model the chair -- while pregnant with Cameron!

Well, I've just received a new beanbag from Sumo. This one is the Omni, which is much more like a traditional beanbag than the Sway. The Sway is really of a soft chair that happens to have similar contents as a beanbag. This Omni, on the other hand, brings back memories of hours (or days?) spent in front of a Nintendo game.

When we ordered the Sway beanbag chair, we got it with a micro-suede covering, which is very soft and comfortable. For the Omni beanbag, which I expect to be used more by Cameron, we decided to get something a little more rugged. The material of the surface feels more like the backpack I used back in those Nintendo days. Sumo says that it's, "space age rip-proof nylon, stays new looking - easy to clean." I unexpectedly had the opportunity to test that "easy to clean" part just one day after we received it. Cameron managed to grab a Coke and spill it all over the new beanbag. (I blame Cheeseball81.) It was an easy cleanup -- much more so than the carpet would have been -- and I suspect it would have been enough to stain the micro-suede, but we'll leave that test for another day.

These days, I'm not much of a gamer (other than Starcraft II), but find these beanbags comfortable for lying back and pretending to watch Sesame Street while "resting my eyes." They also make for some fun times while wrestling / tickling Cameron. He seems to be enjoying the new Omni, as it's relatively easy for him to climb in and out of and then sit or lie on it depending on his particular mood at the time. If I cover the entire house in the same material, it may just make my life a little easier.

Check out http://www.sumolounge.com for more beanbag information.
Attached Thumbnails
Sumo Omni Beanbag-img_1037.jpg   Sumo Omni Beanbag-img_1039.jpg  
Computer Specs
Member with 55,546 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 11:47 PM #2
He hee
Quote:
pretending to watch Sesame Street while "resting my eyes."
Would be nice to nap on I bet and play with the little Cameron.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,140 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jul-2012, 08:45 AM #3
Thanks for this timely review, our sofas are about to retire, so we're looking at alternatives - and all options are open! Especially as they have a UK link on the website.

(I wish my kids kept their stuff as tidy as Cameron!!!)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!