Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows XP: Flipping the screen upside down and back again

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 377 posts.

Experience: Beginner
01-Mar-2005, 05:19 AM #1
Cool Windows XP: Flipping the screen upside down and back again
Once, at University, someone had flipped the screens of all the public computers (running on Windows XP) of the English Department upside down. The wallpaper, desktop icons, fonts, mouse-cursor and even the start-up screen...everything was displayed or moved upside down. People could not check out their e-mails or surf or do anything.
To reverse the upside down screen mode, press ctrl, alt and the up arrow (arrows console) at the same time; the screen will probably go blank. Turn off the monitor, turn it on again and the display will be normal again. If you possess a sense of humour or are antisocial, press ctrl, alt and the down arrow simultaneously, turn off the monitor, turn it on again and everyone (excluding the culprit) will be desperate --> upside down! Works for Windows XP Home and Prof.
Senior Member with 353 posts.

02-Mar-2005, 06:14 PM #2
I have to copy this. Good one for my son!!! He will flip out!
Member with 112 posts.

Experience: Competent with Basics +
02-Mar-2005, 08:01 PM #3
Interesting
We tried it on several computers with XP Home and it works on some and not on others????
Account Disabled with 1,099 posts.

02-Mar-2005, 08:03 PM #4
could always stand on your head. do not have to push buttons to do that.
Senior Member with 353 posts.

02-Mar-2005, 08:13 PM #5
I'd have to push a few buutons to stand on my head!!
Computer Specs
Member with 55,817 posts.

02-Mar-2005, 08:49 PM #6
Your find lots of things you can do to a PC with the software here.

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/

Just be sure to read up on each one so you know how to turn off the joke. Some you just have to wait for them to finish on there own.
Most you do not have to install do you can just run them.
Computer Specs
Member with 377 posts.

03-Mar-2005, 04:56 AM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgjulio
Interesting
We tried it on several computers with XP Home and it works on some and not on others????
It probably depends on what kind of graphic/image cards the computers have...I'm not quite sure...Maybe some graphic cards support the flipping upside down of the screen, and others don't.
Senior Member with 609 posts.

03-Mar-2005, 10:34 AM #8
I did this at college and unfortuently the following class was full of visually impaired people . I got in a lot of trouble for this but passed the buck . To do this you need a certain type of graphic card with the cards VGA software installed, or it could jsut be a 3rd party programme like at my college, mavis beakon was the name lol :P
Computer Specs
Member with 377 posts.

03-Mar-2005, 01:53 PM #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs
I did this at college and unfortuently the following class was full of visually impaired people . I got in a lot of trouble for this but passed the buck . To do this you need a certain type of graphic card with the cards VGA software installed, or it could jsut be a 3rd party programme like at my college, mavis beakon was the name lol :P
Oh dear, I hope the trouble you got into wasn't too bad.
I told one of my friends (a fellow-student of mine) about the trick of messing around with the screen, and now he can't leave the computers of the English Department in peace...I hope he doesn't caught, either...
Senior Member with 609 posts.

04-Mar-2005, 01:32 AM #10
We always used to mess up the computers at college and blame it on the other ICT group, thats what college is for . We got special privileges for being IT students which was obviously dumb as we where bored learning stupid things like MS Access so we used to mess about with the BIOS and we where continuosly plating keyloggers and all sorts of stuff on each other lol. It's what made college more exciting but it's not advisable...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!