Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Right time for a computer

(!)

Member with 23 posts.

11-Nov-2005, 01:39 AM #1
Question Right time for a computer
My old computer is totally dead and it is time for a new computer.
I am a teenager who has been working hard and managed to save up $1000.
I would really like to buy a computer now, but my dad keeps saying that with time new things will come out causing the old things price to go down. But it is always going to be like that, so should I just buy now or should I put it off and wait more months or years. Does any one have any recommendations. I am planning on buying a nice laptop, I was looking into a customized HP Pavilion Zv 6000 laptop. Does any know if I should wait for a certain time for sales or if I should just go ahead and buy this laptop?
Thank You soo much for any of your help.

Also is there any other forums I could post this to look for more help and recommendations?
Member with 1,074 posts.

Experience: learning, best with hardware
11-Nov-2005, 04:16 AM #2
compusa will be selling a computer for under 100 afterchristmas. i imagine that 1k would get you pretty far on black friday
Member with 4,088 posts.

Experience: "No threat to Einstein"
11-Nov-2005, 05:46 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprguy88
my dad keeps saying that with time new things will come out causing the old things price to go down.
Your dad is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vprguy88
But it is always going to be like that
and you are right as well.

Basically when you can see the benifits of a new computer are more attractive than your $1000 in the bank its time to upgrade.
Fizban Fizban is offline Fizban has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 693 posts.

Experience: I used to know stuff but I've slept since then
11-Nov-2005, 05:47 AM #4
Hi vprguy,

I would say that just after Christmas would be the best time to get a new PC, as there will be loads of special offers around.

It will pay to shop around if you want to spend you're money wisely. Some of the most well known retailers will rip you off to be honest.

If you want good advice at the time be sure to post here with the spec and I'm sure you will get plenty of opinions.

Also do you really need, or just want a laptop because they are far more expensive than desktops. Laptops are cool but you're going to pay for that privilege and if you are going to play games, then a desktop would be a much better option.

What and When you buy though is obviously up to you but personally I can't see the computer market changing it's ways anytime soon, so if you wait you will get a better spec there's no doubt about it but it will be the same situation in a few years time.

BTW dannyboyfx, you're Lego box is brilliant it must have took you ages.
Member with 23 posts.

12-Nov-2005, 02:42 PM #5
Alright guys, thanks so much for the help. I will consider buying a desktop eventhough I have my heart set on getting a lap top. If I find something that I am interested in buying I will be sure to post the specs and price to see if it is a good deal or a rip off. Thanks again.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!