Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Deep Freeze Software

(!)

Senior Member with 357 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Nov-2006, 06:42 PM #31
Maybe this applies to to your problem

http://www.faronics.com/faq/#14
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 0 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Nov-2006, 12:52 AM #32
Hi Cyps,

Thank you for a quick reply to my post. This is exactly my problem. I have a motherboard withthe nVidia nForce2 chipset (I know, it's a kind of old...)

To solve this issue, I reinstalled my OS and all of the nVidia drivers. Then I customized my new installation to my specifications and when I finished with that, I uninstalled the nVidia IDE driver. I restarted the computer and then I installed Deep Freeze and now it works perfectly.

Thanks again,
Arie
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

02-Sep-2008, 06:09 AM #33
I used Deep Freeze for a while with no problems but then all of a sudden BOOM! My hard drives both gave up on me. Not sure how true this is but apparently the same bit of the hard drive is used over and over which causes quicker deterioration of that section of hard drive resulting in complete failure. Be interested to know what you think because it was a GREAT program while i had it.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

02-Sep-2008, 12:15 PM #34
There is no truth to the old wives' tale that using the same area of a hard disk will affect it's lifetime. I don't know what killed your drives, but it wasn't that issue.
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

03-Sep-2008, 02:06 AM #35
Thanks for that. Think i will re install it then. Are there different versions and if so any recommendations?
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

03-Sep-2008, 12:52 PM #36
There are several products like Deep Freeze available. I don't use any of them, so I can't be more specific, but I've seen them in passing.
Senior Member with 357 posts.

07-Sep-2008, 08:40 AM #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonthumb View Post
Thanks for that. Think i will re install it then. Are there different versions and if so any recommendations?

I presume you are using Deep freeze Standard and you are fine with that for home use. If you've had it for a long time though you might consider upgrading it to the new version which is also compatible with Vista. As for alternatives there is no other program I know of which does the job better than Deep freeze.
Computer Specs
Member with 47,118 posts.

Experience: Einstein Jr. Indeed
27-Sep-2008, 11:16 AM #38
My xp died and bought a new vista bought a new deep freeze program. Also call the company like I did ,they gave me a code number got it half price.Can't beat $22.00 dollars
Computer Specs
Member with 47,118 posts.

Experience: Einstein Jr. Indeed
26-Oct-2008, 10:39 AM #39
They updated this program 6.30.020.1931
Member with 390 posts.

07-Dec-2008, 05:03 PM #40
What an absolute cracker of a program Deep Freeze is. I can only agree with all the positives said about it and the quote 'The ultimate protector' is no exaggeration in my opinion. It deserves a higher profile than it has and should be better known.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!