Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Tech Tips and Reviews Tech Tips and Reviews
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HDMI Splitter

(!)

Member with 67 posts.

Experience: Beginner
28-May-2007, 12:18 PM #1
HDMI Splitter
Is there such a thing as an HDMI splitter - i.e. where you can plug several into a box with a single going out to TV? I have cable box, surround sound with dvd player, dvd recorder and now a Sony 400 disc CD/DVD player. Yes, a lot of different/overlapping items, but...The surround sound with dvd player gives me the best for play dvd; the dvd recorder is mainly to record from dvr to disc and the 400 cd/dvd changer is to get rid of cabinets/shelves for all cd's and dvd's.

If there is such a item, which is the best?

Thanks!
Member with 67 posts.

28-May-2007, 03:06 PM #2
OK, I found a couple listed on the Tech Tips Forum here from 2006. Has anyone had any experience with the following units:

Octava - 4 Port HDMI Switch with TOSLINK Audio routing (this one has 4 inputs for optical audio as well)

Monoprice - Product ID: 2777 5X1 Enhanced HDMI Switch with built-in Equalizer (REV.2.1)

I will be hooking up a Scientific Explorer 8300HD DVR Cable Box - Samsung DVD Home Theatre System HT-QT70 - Sony 400 Disc CD/DVD Player CX995V - Sony DVD Recorder RDR-GX355 to a Samsung 56" DLP HD TV (has 2 HDMI inputs)

Thanks!
Member with 67 posts.

28-May-2007, 06:46 PM #3
HDMI Switch
Has anyone had any experience with any of the following units:

Octava - 4 Port HDMI Switch with TOSLINK Audio routing (this one has 4 inputs for optical audio as well)

Monoprice - Product ID: 2777 5X1 Enhanced HDMI Switch with built-in Equalizer (REV.2.1)

Gefen 4x1 Switcher

Sima - 3-Input HDMI Switcher (VS-HD31)

I will be hooking up a Scientific Explorer 8300HD DVR Cable Box - Samsung DVD Home Theatre System HT-QT70 - Sony 400 Disc CD/DVD Player CX995V - Sony DVD Recorder RDR-GX355 to a Samsung 56" DLP HD TV (has 2 HDMI inputs)

Thanks!
Moderator with 13,756 posts.

28-May-2007, 07:29 PM #4
Hi cwelaw

I have merged your posts to one thread.
Please do not create duplicate threads.
Continue replies here for this issue.

Thank you.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!