Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Backup Virus Possibility

(New)
(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

25-Jun-2011, 11:19 PM #1
Backup Virus Possibility
Recently my computer crashed and I reinstalled Windows and formatted my computer (Windows Vista Home Premium). I created a backup (consisting mostly of photos and old school documents) after my computer crashed using an advanced option provided by my computer. The first I reinstalled Windows, I didn't format my computer. It told me that in order to perform updates, it needed to restart my computer, so I tried restarting it, but after waiting a long time for it to log off, a blue screen appeared saying "A problem...". I couldn't read it because it disappeared really quickly, but it obviously meant that something was wrong. When I turned my computer on again, it went back to Startup Repair, and I reinstalled Windows again. I didn't format my computer. This time it froze and ended up shutting down. I turned my computer on again and reinstalled Windows, but this time I formatted my computer. It seems fine now, but I'm worried that my backup holds some sort of virus or the cause of my computer crashes. If i move my backup onto this computer again, is there a possibility that my computer will crash again?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
backup, vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!