Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unable to access Microsoft and some antivirus websites

(New)
(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Aug-2011, 08:20 AM #1
Unable to access Microsoft and some antivirus websites
I found an earlier thread here that sounded like a similar problem to mine: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-othe...-websites.html

... but as it was old and said not to follow the instructions listed for they for that specific user; I thought it better to start a new thread.

So, here's the entire problem. I have Windows XP, and I just purchased a new webcam, a LifeCam HD-5000. When I went to do the setup I received the error message:

"Setup cannot continue because you are not connected to the Internet or the server is unavailable. Connect to the Internet and then run Setup again. During the setup process, accept any related security or firewall messages. If this is unsuccessful, please try again later."

Obviously I am connected if I'm here, so when I attempted to go to microsoft looking for tech support I found that I couldn't access any of their pages. I am also unable to access symantec.com as the previous user stated in the earlier thread I found.

I also attempted to download HijackThis from the link provided in the sticky, but I can't access antivirus.com either.

Any help would be appreciated with this =(

Oh, here's my system info also:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X600 256MB HyperMemory, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 147761 MB, Free - 42478 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 148068 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0HJ054, , ..CN6986164E17FB.
Antivirus: McAfee VirusScan, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
antivirus, microsoft, webcam

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!