Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

A Trojan Horse named "Babylon.com"

(New)
(!)

Junior Member with 9 posts.

26-Oct-2011, 03:36 PM #1
A Trojan Horse named "Babylon.com"
My Mozilla/Firefox has been hijacked, as far as I can tell, by Babylon.com. My system is Windows XP, Pack 2. When I searched for a free program to decompress zip files, somehow I GOT ENTANGLED with Babylon. They're a language translation service but I have always used Google for that service. This program has effectively taken over my home page and inserted it's tool bars, etc, replacing Firefox, though not on the Desktop Page. I've tried to delete it using Microsoft's "Add or Remove" program but when I do, that screen freezes. There is no way to remove it so I must exit the page to cut myself free. When I looked them up on Wikipedia I was not surprised to find out that they were once considered "malware". Their aggressiveness sort of indicates they haven't changed all that much despite legal warnings. So, can anyone advise me how to get rid of Babylon.com for good?

Last edited by lowtechinparis; 26-Oct-2011 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: punctuation
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
babylon.com, delete program, trojan horse

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!